Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-01-2014, 07:45 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Saturday).

Morning everyone.
Wet wet wet again and more to come apparently.
Jenny I hope you have had no more flooding.
Not sure what we are up too today after walking Dillon I am popping into Boots to see if I can get some finger stalls till these dratted bandages come off for lighter dressings.

Bad news about that little boy who went missing from his home his body has been found. Neighbours are suspecting the mother Police not divulged anything yet. Had my suspicions since day one. So so sad.

Sorry I missed you last night Sally I will try to catch you this evening.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2014, 07:54 AM
Morning Lynn and everyone.

I saw you had a lot of rain yesterday up there Lynn, it's corroding all the coast line in Norfolk, smashing through the defences and mixing the salt water inland with the fresh water, which is ruining all the nature reserves, so you don't need more today . It rained overnight, but dry here now and we didn't really have much yesterday. Enjoy your walk with Dillon.

Had a terrible night with Dave, cough, cough, cough. I felt so sorry for him I got up at 1 am and made him an olbus steam bowl in the hope it might stop some of the irritation. Of course, having had this myself, I do know what he's going through, and I just hope he doesn't hand it back to me His door is still closed, and I hope it stays that way for the whole day, he needs some sleep whilst he can, so I'll try and be quiet.

I shall go back up to the van to finish off what I didn't do yesterday, turn the boiler and water off and hope we don't have any frosts next week, cos I can't expect Dave to come up there and do a proper shut down on it, feeling like he does.

Hope everyone else is ok along with the doglets, haven't a clue what's been going on cos I haven't been on here since yesterday morning.

Enjoy the week-end everyone.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2014, 08:11 AM
Morning Lynn, H and all

I hope Dave's cough clears up soon, it takes it out of you.

Really sad to hear about the poor young boy, tragic.

We had a lot of rain here yesterday and the roads were worse than they had been before. More on the way today, should be quiet at work.

I am having tuition on putting stock on the computer and assigning a number to it to keep track of stock, are they mad! It's a bit blind leading the blind and the lady who is passing on this knowledge should not be left in the same room as me as we are both dippy! We get on so well and as she is a doggy person the stock is heading that way too.

Looks like a soggy walk this morning, stay safe everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-01-2014, 08:13 AM
Morning Helena thankfully we are some way away from the coast dreadful for the people whose homes are about to be washed away. This weather this year has accelerated that for .
Poor Dave I hope he feels better soon. I think you need a mask each. Good luck at the vans.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-01-2014, 08:15 AM
Morning Gerry surely this rain has to stop now can't be much more can there ?
Good luck with the stock control learning experience. Sounds like you will both be laughing more than learning.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2014, 08:40 AM
Morning everyone, another nasty grey one, at least it didn't rain when I walked Amber which makes a change from yesterday. Yes that poor little boy what sort of mother can do that to her child?

June give the two that are going to the new homes a hug from me ah you will miss them.

Have a good day all stay warm and dry and most of all safe, God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-01-2014, 08:41 AM
Morning Moyra.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2014, 08:53 AM
Morning Lynn and fellow members,

It can only have been a month ago when some newspapers were claiming that we were going to be in for the coldest winter since 1963 starting in late November ...... I think they got it wrong .... but thankfully it is still comparatively mild.

The Thames level is now stationery (very high) but still within its banks here with us. The Bourne has risen and we are all just keeping everything crossed that we don't get more flooding. Far far worse for people who get it in their houses but I have to admit like all of you I am sick of the rain, rain .... although the grass has now had a good 'wash'

I'm off to visit my lovely Mum this morning just for a quick visit as I'll be back there again on Monday for her birthday. I'm going to leave the dogs behind today (which won't please them) just until I know she really is OK and not likely to go back on a drip imminently.

Lynn I hope you enjoy having Gorden back which I'm sure you will So sad about that little boy but I did think it had to be a family member ..... but his mother
Helena Poor Dave and I hope once he's upright he won't cough so much. Sounds like a quiet day for him today. How is that new mechanic turning out ... I'm sure you will have mentioned him and I've missed it Good luck finishing shutting down the vans.
Moet It sounds like you are having a real laugh with your 'tuition'. It makes all the difference working with someone you get on with

I went off to take a cuppa in to my OH so more 'friends' may well have posted so hello to them if they have

See you all later. Enjoy your day and keep dry
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2014, 08:56 AM
Hi Moyra you snuck in I've just heard a forecast and they say that we may even see the sun later Not convinced as its raining here still
June Mixed emotions for you today but just think how excited the puppies new families will be (((hugs))) to you and the two who are leaving the nest later.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2014, 09:16 AM
Morning all and have a good day weather wise. I am off to bed, night
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »