Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2014, 07:43 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread - Sunday

Good morning peeps. I've been up ages so I thought I would start the thread.
I had a very restless night - or rather OH did & kept me awake so I was glad when it was time to get up. No doubt a nanny nap will be in order later.
I've just caught up with yesterday's thread as we were out last night & didn't read anything after about 5 o clock. The do didn't end up as bad as it usually does so until the last hour I quite enjoyed it ( the disco started playing Head Banging music then ) I did end up teaching some young ones how to do the Twist having been around when it first came out. One of them said we must have been fit in the sixties - she was kna***ed. The do was held in the local Masonic Hall but unfortunately no sign of any men in pinny's

Hope you enjoyed your Flood Party Jenny Sounds like just what you all need.
Love that summerhouse Sally I wish we had room for one.
I bet somebody else has started a thread while I've been typing this.
See you later.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2014, 08:09 AM
Morning Lynne and those who haven't appeared yet () ,

I'm experiencing a 'stand-off' here between me and the dogs. They woke me at 6.30 to go out and both are refusing to go on the grass on the balcony ..... or anywhere on the balcony . I'm refusing to pick them up and carry them to a small patch in our garden which is flooded but still has the top of the grass sticking out which is about 50 yrds away and deep.
I've got to win this one as this flood water is no better and will be with us for some time it seems. They have both put themselves back to bed and are sulking. I'll just keep trying.
We went out to an impromptu 'flood' party at a neighbours last night which was great fun. They too are totally surrounded by water. A fantastic atmosphere there as so many say they were starting to get cabin fever
My dogs have a log wait if they intend to hold out having a pee until we get them onto higher land for a walk. We are collecting my friend and her dog at 10 today.

Lynne your 'do' sounded fun last night and its sounds as though the youngsters loved being taught the Twist ... I bet they were really impressed Hopefully you'll get a nap later to catch up on your disturbed sleep. I'm hoping for one after lunch too.

Hi to anyone who may have snuck in while I was typing . Have a great day everyone and see you later.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2014, 08:10 AM
Morning Lynne and everyone.

I think we're all having a lie in here Lynne, and if it was o/h's snoring that kept you awake last night, you might be at the stage where you want to shove him into another room, like I did 10 years ago Sounds like a great night, and I remember the twist even though I was only just into my teens, I could show all the adults up, just like you did to those youngsters last night

Had the best night's sleep ever, and that's probably because I never had a nanny nap yesterday afternoon, but I didn't want one cos I laid in yesterday morning till 7.30.

Dave can walk with me this morning as he's not doing any diy, so we'll go up the top again, it's a much nicer, longer walk than these muddy woods, so I shall save those for the summer months.

Off to the van this morning to collect the last rent before the park closes for February, and whilst there, I might chuck some winter lawn saver on the grass cos it must be a sea of mud with all this rain we've had

Haven't caught up on yesterday's as we were busy yesterday, but I hope it hasn't got any worse for you up there Jenny. What a lovely idea to have a flood party, did you go by boat???

Lynn, hope that hand is well enough now for you to hold Dillon, don't know if you've ventured out with him yet with Gorden home.

Anyone watch The Voice last night? Won't be watching it again, they've turned it into a naff version of the X Factor now with all the background stories, and as for the judges this year, it was all so *staged*, bring back Jessie I say!

Enjoy your Sunday everyone and I'll try and pop in if I can.

ETA: Morning Jenny, we almost did it again, look at our post times!!! One minute only!!! I'm loving the atmosphere you've now got on your estate there, I hope you're wrong about all that water and it'll be gone soon. Those poor boys though, that makes it so much worse for you I'm sure. Take care and enjoy a nice walk on dry land later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-01-2014, 08:27 AM
Morning Lynne, Jenny and Helena and all who follow.
Lynne the do sounded fun love the twist. Probably what knackered our hips and knees though.
Jenny glad you enjoyed the party. I hope those boys give in and do what you need them to do.
Helena enjoy your walk with Dave. Will the people renting the van still be staying even though the park is closed ?

We have a heavy frost here this morning but a pinky red sky not a good sign. Laid in till nearly 8 this morning who would of thought a year ago with my naughty boy I would be saying that.
Helena I went on a walk yesterday but Gorden had Dillon today I am taking him with Gorden tagging along as I have found this marvellous glove thing in the 99p store yesterday which will keep my bandage clean and dog hairs out of the wounds. I had a couple in the thumb Friday because the nurse from Monday didn't bandage it. I got into trouble. Its very difficult though with a big hairy dog around.
I am using the hand for a lot more since yesterday and this morning I managed to hold the kettle for filing it and pouring.

June I hope the rib is feeling easier today and Keshi's brother is it is not going to be too unwell.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2014, 09:01 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Lynne, glad you taught the youngsters how to do the twist. That will stop them thinking us oldies are square.

Jenny, sorry you are having trouble with the boys they will have to succumb to the turf in the end.

Helena, enjoy your walk up top with Dave this morning.

Lynn, Hope you get on with walking Dillon ok with your hand and hope it is on the mend better.

Have a good day all and those that follow. Stay dry and warm and above all safe. There was a very heavy frost here this morning. God bless.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2014, 09:05 AM
No it wasn't OH snoring that kept me awake. He said his shoulder was sore & couldn't get comfy - must have been the jiving we did. I knew it would be my fault though. & he said he was cold.
That glove sounds just the job for your hand Lynn Hope you can manage to take Dillon out this week.
Hope the boys have "been" on your bit of turf by now Jenny Poor boys they must be wondering what is happening. Your party sounded good though.
Enjoy your walk with Dave Helena OH doesn't come with me - he walks that slow now we'd never get anywhere. Anyway it's my "me" time when I'm out.
I've just come in after our quick walk & it's bitter cold - a thick frost out & there was a lovely sunrise - very red.
Well I suppose I'd better get started on doing some work
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2014, 09:08 AM
Morning all,

Lynne, bit annoying when you get woken early on a Sunday.

Helena, enjoy your day.

Jenny, oh my, I hope you win your standoff.

Lynn, have a nice day

I was woken by Iona at 6am needing a widdle, bless her little furry paws, but she went back to bed and back to sleep too for another couple of hours. Still too early though, I could do with another couple of hours though. Brian has been up all night playing a game and is still awake so I think I will go back to bed for a bit.

Today is cleaning up day, I have lots of cleaning to do, but only after Iona's owners have picked her up. I'll have to get all her stuff together as well.

See you all later on.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2014, 09:21 AM

Glad the do was better than anticipated Lynne. Glad the bash was better than anticipated
Jenny, I have just been showing hubby your flood pics, unbelievable
Morning Helena, enjoy your walk with Dave.
Morning Lynn, it will be good if you can protect the hand from hairs because I would imagine the more you can use it the better now.
Morning Moyra and Lore.
It's a sort of nothing day here, still very dark and overcast but at least it's dry.
Everyone coming again today. My DiL had an operation on her foot on Fri so she will be on crutches. I think Pepsi will be put in another room until she is in and settled
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-01-2014, 09:34 AM
Good morning fellow members it was very cold last night and it made a nice change to walk on frozen grass instead of mud this morning.

I have a pile of ironing waiting for me and pickled red cabbage to make for the children so a busy day ahead.

Enjoy your day everyone.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-01-2014, 09:50 AM

I think I am still half asleep having had another lie-in until way past 11am this time and I really did not want to get up. Had it not been for Da Booga I could have happily stayed in bed all day [lazy ess oh dee], and at 11.50am I am still in my PJs and an oversize fleece onesie. I have two loads of washing to do so think I will wait on getting washed and dressed for the moment.

Twist Lynne? You must be extremely fit! I never could do it properly due to scoliosis - could not hoola hoop either!

Jenny - I am glad you enjoyed the flood party and hope that the boys give in before they burst.

Helena and Lynn I hope you both enjoy your walks and Lynn that you manage with that glove on your hand.

to Moyra, Lorraine, Nippy, Meg [and anyone else who appears while I am typing] .

Hope everyone has as good a day as they wish for.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »