Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2005, 06:10 AM

Animations query

Sorry, its me again. Can anyone give me a clue as to why all animations on DW won't work for me?

I have checked in IE advanced settings, but couldn't see anything out of place (not that I'm sure about all of them) and I have checked my options in DW profile, but everything that should be ticked, is. So I'm stuck. Any ideas?
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2005, 06:31 AM
No expert but think it may be to do with the little programmes you need to download, Flash etc., do you have problems on other sites?

Some of the jpg/gif that others have uploaded appear as a little red x to me but the dam adverts move ok.
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2005, 07:41 AM
Originally Posted by Thordell
No expert but think it may be to do with the little programmes you need to download, Flash etc., do you have problems on other sites?
No I have a pop up blocker which stops most things, but if I allow it all my flash, directx etc are all updated (just spent a full day downloading all the updates)

Originally Posted by Thordell
Some of the jpg/gif that others have uploaded appear as a little red x to me but the dam adverts move ok.
I can see the picture ok, it's just not animating. Like with Freds good morning animation. All I see is a blue banner with 'G' on it. If I hadn't seen that weeks ago, I wouldn't have know what it said.

Thos ads always manage to work don't they
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-09-2005, 07:47 AM
Originally Posted by Cumbrian Lass
No I have a pop up blocker which stops most things, but if I allow it all my flash, directx etc are all updated (just spent a full day downloading all the updates)

I can see the picture ok, it's just not animating. Like with Freds good morning animation.
how did you make your banner ? did you make it as an animation ? if so save it on photobucket and just copy the image it should work as Thordel said flash player needed
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2005, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by Fred
how did you make your banner ? did you make it as an animation ? if so save it on photobucket and just copy the image it should work as Thordel said flash player needed

Sorry Fred, it's YOUR banner I was talking about, the one in the Good Morning thread. All I am seeing since I formatted a couple of days ago is the blue banner with a 'G'.

i will check my flash plugin again, but I'm sure I've got the latest issue

Nope Thats not done it. I still can't see the animated emoticons or anything.
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

07-09-2005, 09:21 AM
Can't be too sure on this, but it's worth a shot!

First try clearing your browser cache.

In IE, click on Tools and select Internet Options.

Under the Temporary Internet options section click on Delete files. Click OK (you can leave the Offline content or delete it - your choice).
Close down IE and open again. Does that work ?
If not,

Next, click on the Advanced tab.

Scroll down until you get to the bit where it says Multimedia. Check to see if "Play animations in web pages" is selected. If it is selected, deselect it click OK and shut down IE. Re-open IE and go the the Advanced tab again. This time reselect the "Play animations in web pages" and click OK. Shut down IE and restart. Do the animations work now ?

Might also need to find out which animations - whether they are animated gifs - like the dog wagging his tail or flash animations.
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-09-2005, 09:44 AM
Sorry Fred, it's YOUR banner I was talking about, the one in the Good Morning thread. All I am seeing since I formatted a couple of days ago is the blue banner with a 'G'.
i will check my flash plugin again, but I'm sure I've got the latest issue
Nope Thats not done it. I still can't see the animated emoticons or anything.

This one ?
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2005, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by royv
Can't be too sure on this, but it's worth a shot!

First try clearing your browser cache.

Under the Temporary Internet options section click on Delete files. Click OK (you can leave the Offline content or delete it - your choice).
Close down IE and open again. Does that work ?
If not,

Next, click on the Advanced tab.

Scroll down until you get to the bit where it says Multimedia. Check to see if "Play animations in web pages" is selected. If it is selected, deselect it click OK and shut down IE. Re-open IE and go the the Advanced tab again. This time reselect the "Play animations in web pages" and click OK. Shut down IE and restart. Do the animations work now ?

Might also need to find out which animations - whether they are animated gifs - like the dog wagging his tail or flash animations.
Tried both of them and it's still not working and I closed the window after clearing cache, and the option for play animations was already ticked.

I have just had the whole screen freeze up which the screen res suddenly changed and a pop up said that I needed to reload NV4_dr. So I have just updated my driver for my graffix card too and that hasn't helped.

I'm just about ready to get a flippin Jigsaw to this thing now

This is a stab in the dark, but could it be my firewall? If it is, then I'll just have to miss out on the lovely animations. Oh and the types of animations I cant get are the emoticons on forums and any gif's that people add to posts or are in their sigs (this isn't the only website I'm having trouble with)

Originally Posted by Fred:
This one ?
I think the background is different from the one I saw earlier Fred (but as you posted it I will bow to your superior knowledge, but yes all I can see is half of the G at the right hand side.
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-09-2005, 10:04 AM
Tried both of them and it's still not working and I closed the window after clearing cache, and the option for play animations was already ticked.

I have just had the whole screen freeze up which the screen res suddenly changed and a pop up said that I needed to reload NV4_dr. So I have just updated my driver for my graffix card too and that hasn't helped.

I'm just about ready to get a flippin Jigsaw to this thing now

This is a stab in the dark, but could it be my firewall? If it is, then I'll just have to miss out on the lovely animations. Oh and the types of animations I cant get are the emoticons on forums and any gif's that people add to posts or are in their sigs (this isn't the only website I'm having trouble with)

I think the background is different from the one I saw earlier Fred (but as you posted it I will bow to your superior knowledge, but yes all I can see is half of the G at the right hand side.
pm me the address or the img what you have on photo bucket i will look at it for you ok
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

07-09-2005, 10:05 AM
What's the Firewall (& version) ?
If you temporarily deactivate the firewall, do the animations work ?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >