Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-08-2013, 06:06 AM

One rule for him, one rule for me....

Due to the shifts my husband works for 2 days I get up at 5am when he does as I know if he goes downstairs and then leaves for work Marco will want/need me with him, on the other days I get up when Marco wakes and cries, normally about 5:30 (now invested in a baby monitor so I can hear him above the noise of the fan we have in the bedroom).

I've now realised that there's a big difference between these mornings - if Marco wakes first I'm expected to be lively and playful from when he first sees me, I get attacked with kisses, jumped all over and we play play play all over the garden and house, all toys get attacked. However the mornings I come down and wake him, we go into the garden while he toilets, we gently love and cuddle, he then comes in and has rest time on his bed and its all calm and relaxed....for about an hour and then the madness from the other mornings begins.

So in short, life is as Marco wants it, hmmmm now who's the boss here
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-08-2013, 06:16 AM
I know exactly where you are talking about!

same here at me

Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2013, 06:23 AM
Exactly the same here..Heidi plays for about an hour, then gets in with the big dogs and goes to sleep!
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-08-2013, 03:33 PM
Haha same here. Ella is all soft and cuddly if I wake her first. If she's up first it's tail wagging madness
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-08-2013, 04:43 PM
That is where a multi dog household comes into its own, they sort themselves out, Mabs and Keshi tend to play together and Cariad and Lona tell them off if it gets too much in their face, and they immediately stop being irritating because when Cariad and Lona tell them off it is quite short, sharp and to the point