Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2013, 06:17 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Friday

Good morning all Dogsey Peops

I don't know where this week has gone, I can't believe it's Friday already, so not only did I lose 2 hours the other morning, I seem to have lost half me week here, it's all very odd, I've never known a week to flash by quite as fast as this last one, but hey ho, it's gone and the week-end is here again, Dave will be home and that'll probably go like a flash too.

And talking of time flashing past, where did summer go then, cos apparently we're already half way through it , but I sure don't remember much of that either, especially looking out the window this morning to another misty, dreary, bleak old day, but they've promised us a bit of sunshine for later on, let's hope we see it.

Couldn't get to sleep last night it was so muggy, even Zena preferred the kitchen floor tiles, so now I've overslept. Just a few last minute touches to the van this morning as first guests arriving tomorrow and forever more on a Saturday until end of September, so I'd better get it right, it's my last chance. Back is playing up, but then that's because I carried that blooming microwave up these 15 steps from the car yesterday, sometimes I'm a fool to myself (well, most of the time really ).

Hope all of you are well along with the doglets, and I'll pop in again after my walk, although Zena's still zonked out in bed enjoying her lie in

Enjoy your day everyone
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2013, 06:20 AM
Morning Helena and fellow members,

My boys were so so good last night considering I'd removed their 'security/comfort' barrier. When I said good night to them last night they tried to follow me out of the kitchen so I put them in to their beds and told them to stay and left. Everything was silent until my son unintentionally slammed his bathroom door which set the dogs off but he did come back in and resettle them. The trouble is I didn't settle and spent most of the night awake They woke me this morning at around 5.50 but I knew from their noise they actually needed to go out .... which they did. I'm wide awake now so no point in going back to bed. Really pleased with the dogs and as I speak Rucksack is asleep again in his bed and Flash is laying on the settee

I think my hair is too blond having lived with it for a couple of days so may have to go back and have several dark streaks put through as it will 'lift' even more in the sun

I'm spending a couple of hours this morning at my friends (neighbour) wrapping almonds up in lace to go on the tables at the wedding next week ..... I'd better make sure my hands are clean.

A dull and very slightly damp morning here but no rain yesterday or overnight.

I hope your back settles Helena and you get those last few things done at the van.

See you all later.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2013, 06:22 AM
Hi Helena....

I am reminded of an old saying that there are two kinds of people.. those who say "Good morning, God" and those who say, "Good God! Morning!"

Off to have a hot bath as soon as the water is hot.. am chilled.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2013, 06:29 AM
Morning H and all,

I have managed to sort Lily out on the day of Charly's wedding. Fred the man who we see on our morning walks who Lily adores is coming round to feed her, let her in the garden and sit with her for an hour. Now I just need to find a hairdresser to come to our house that morning and to get a dress.

Another busy day here today as I want to try and fit in doing my mums shopping and housework as well as the old lady and work, so that tomorrow I don't have to go off to work but can try and catch up here.

I need you all to do a sun dance now. We have the great British Greyhound walk on Sunday and the walk I have organised for our part of Essex looks beautiful in the sun and at the moment the forecast is saying we are all going to look like drowned rats.

Hope your back improves H, and I hope everyone else is ok. Have a good day all.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2013, 06:30 AM
Morning jenny and Rosebud you sneaked in while I was typing
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2013, 06:36 AM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Morning Helena and fellow members,

My boys were so so good last night considering I'd removed their 'security/comfort' barrier. When I said good night to them last night they tried to follow me out of the kitchen so I put them in to their beds and told them to stay and left. Everything was silent until my son unintentionally slammed his bathroom door which set the dogs off but he did come back in and resettle them. The trouble is I didn't settle and spent most of the night awake They woke me this morning at around 5.50 but I knew from their noise they actually needed to go out .... which they did. I'm wide awake now so no point in going back to bed. Really pleased with the dogs and as I speak Rucksack is asleep again in his bed and Flash is laying on the settee

I think my hair is too blond having lived with it for a couple of days so may have to go back and have several dark streaks put through as it will 'lift' even more in the sun

I'm spending a couple of hours this morning at my friends (neighbour) wrapping almonds up in lace to go on the tables at the wedding next week ..... I'd better make sure my hands are clean.

A dull and very slightly damp morning here but no rain yesterday or overnight.

I hope your back settles Helena and you get those last few things done at the van.

See you all later.
Morning Jenny, I must have missed something here about the removal of the security barrier, but I'm glad it seems to have worked out so well if the boys were as good as that, and shame on you for lying awake thinking they wouldn't be lol! Dogs never object to any changes do they, when they are secure and know we love them. Good luck with the hair, I'm seriously considering letting my brilliant hairdresser I've found get to grips with transforming me lighter and more natural, cos allegedly it knocks years off you doesn't it, so every little helps. Enjoy your day Jenny, hope you're ok, you sound tired this morning, you've lost your normal bounce lol!

Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
Hi Helena....

I am reminded of an old saying that there are two kinds of people.. those who say "Good morning, God" and those who say, "Good God! Morning!"

Off to have a hot bath as soon as the water is hot.. am chilled.
Morning Rosebud, Lol, glad to see you're on top form this morning. I've just read about your hectic few days with the Texans, and I bet they went home with some cherished memories to take back, and I hope you unwound slowly so as not to cause another migraine. My o/h suffers terribly with those and always when he's unwinding from a busy/stressful week, so you have a good point there, I will pass it on to him.

Can't get moving this morning and Zena went out and then went back to bed, ignoring her bonio, which is not a good sign, but we'll see how she goes.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2013, 06:38 AM
Good morning all,

Helena, do be careful with that back of yours. You could do with rubbing some volterol or similar in it. I hope you get the van finished off for tomorrow. Quite exciting really I am sure your new people tomorrow will be thrilled with it.

Jenny Oh aren't your dogs good afterall that is only the third time of trying to take the screen away. I think that is brilliant.

Rosebud So sorry you feel chilly. It is too warm here I have the window open, trouble is then I get all the traffic noise of people going to work.

Lynn, Malka et al I hope the dogs have allowed you a goodnight sleep.

Well must go and walk Amber, just in case it intends to rain again. Steve has decided to go fishing for a couple of nights so his back must be well and truly on the mend which the same could be said for his neck that has been giving him trouble since he last went to the chiro he thinks she put something out again. But he is not going back just using the massager on it. Well have a good day all, I'll be back later. God bless.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2013, 06:42 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning H and all,

I have managed to sort Lily out on the day of Charly's wedding. Fred the man who we see on our morning walks who Lily adores is coming round to feed her, let her in the garden and sit with her for an hour. Now I just need to find a hairdresser to come to our house that morning and to get a dress.

Another busy day here today as I want to try and fit in doing my mums shopping and housework as well as the old lady and work, so that tomorrow I don't have to go off to work but can try and catch up here.

I need you all to do a sun dance now. We have the great British Greyhound walk on Sunday and the walk I have organised for our part of Essex looks beautiful in the sun and at the moment the forecast is saying we are all going to look like drowned rats.

Hope your back improves H, and I hope everyone else is ok. Have a good day all.
Morning Bev, Another day like mine then at yours, hope you get it all done in time and I think you'll be lucky, the week-end is set fair with sunshine, but then they always seem to change their minds at the last minute don't they. Glad you've sorted Lily out for the wedding day, and I can't wait for all the lovely pics we're going to enjoy on here.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2013, 06:45 AM
Originally Posted by Labrador Lover View Post
Good morning all,

Helena, do be careful with that back of yours. You could do with rubbing some volterol or similar in it. I hope you get the van finished off for tomorrow. Quite exciting really I am sure your new people tomorrow will be thrilled with it.

Jenny Oh aren't your dogs good afterall that is only the third time of trying to take the screen away. I think that is brilliant.

Rosebud So sorry you feel chilly. It is too warm here I have the window open, trouble is then I get all the traffic noise of people going to work.

Lynn, Malka et al I hope the dogs have allowed you a goodnight sleep.

Well must go and walk Amber, just in case it intends to rain again. Steve has decided to go fishing for a couple of nights so his back must be well and truly on the mend which the same could be said for his neck that has been giving him trouble since he last went to the chiro he thinks she put something out again. But he is not going back just using the massager on it. Well have a good day all, I'll be back later. God bless.
Morning Moyra, glad to hear Steve's back is on the mend and he can go fishing. I don't like letting those bone crunchers mess with necks, it's far too risky imo, and had I known what I know now about mine after having that mri, I would never have let any of them near my neck years ago, so it's no surprise if Steve thinks what he does. Enjoy your walk with Amber before the heavens open, cos it's looking like that here now too, so I'd better get myself ready.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-06-2013, 06:57 AM
Morning Helena. Your poor back I'm not surprised it is objecting all that lugging of teles and microwaves.
I am sure all the guests that visit the vans will be more than pleaed. They ought to be.
I hope Zena perks up later.

jenny glad the boys settled for you last night.
Bev I hope you get everything done you need to get done today so you can get done what you need to get done tomorrow. Fingers crossed for sun on Sunday.

Looking very overcast here and the wind feels a tad chilly.
Just housework again today and I might get the dehydrator out and dehydrate Dillon some lamb heart. Also looks like I will be chasing Virgin about still having no tele.
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 > Last »