Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2013, 06:32 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Thursday

Morning all Dogsey Peops

Had a lie in this morning, woke at 6 but went back to sleep, and now feel like I've been out on the tiles all night, and haven't quite come round yet.

Zena's just chucked up some yellow bile out in the garden I knew she felt sick and this shouldn't be happening now that her medication is supposed to have settled it all down, cos that's twice this week, will have to do a note for the vet. She's gone back to bed, but I'm sure she'll be fine now she brought it up, but why nothing was different yesterday in what she ate.

Couldn't get back on here last night cos the phone was going after I spoke to Dave, and it's nice to catch up with old friends, especially as I'm stuck here on my own for 5 days a week now, it's a bit of a drag, and Dave feels the same. Anyway, the good news is, he can now do a letter to that plank, telling him he accepts his verbal resignation of last Monday and that he has to come in to collect his P45 and holiday money and arrange to pick up his tools, so hopefully, that'll now be the end of that (it won't of course!). Next week Dave is actually meeting up with the guy who wants to buy it, and believe it or not, he told me he's actually been looking at proper jobs in this area I shall be doing likewise today, cos of course, when he looks there's nothing about except for carers and cleaners, whereas when I looked last night I found quite a few jobs in this area for vehicle technicians.

The sun is shining, blue skies again with very high wind clouds, so it should be nice again today, so we'll be off down the beach again soon when I have this cuppa and wake myself up. I wish I hadn't overslept like that though.

Enjoy your day everyone and I'll catch you later
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2013, 06:43 AM
Morning H and all,

Sorry to hear Zena is not right again this morning. Could it be that when your a little later up her stomach just can't manage that little extra time with its build up of acid . I think I remember you saying you normally give her some biscuits when you get up. Might be worth noting down the time she last eats at night and the time she has something in the morning and see if there is a pattern with the longer gaps between food on bile chucking days.

I am out helping my sister this morning and then usual work this afternoon. Hoping it will stay dry as I have just put some washing out.

Forgot to say yesterday but the free haircut I went for at Toni and guys on Tuesday is fantastic and my hair has never looked so good. I am thrilled with it, shame I can't afford their normal prices to keep it done like this.

Anyway take care all and have a good day.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-05-2013, 06:48 AM

Good news about Dave and the plank - "verbal resignation accepted" sounds good. Fingers crossed that it ends all the aggro. Fingers also crossed that the guy who is interested in buying Dave's business actually does so - and knowing you I am 100% positive that you will find him a really good job locally.

I have only just surfaced [well Da Booger got me up at 2.30am, I got myself up at 4.30am [must have guzzled too much yesterday] and then woke convinced that the new alarm clock either had packed up or I had not switched it on, only to discover that just because it was light out it was still not even 6 o'clock. Trouble is that it is impossible to put any form of blind on the ensuite window, and the curtain across the doorway does not block any light as it is the same shower curtain as the actual shower curtains. Looks good during the day but oh does it let light in and it gets light so early now.

I did try eye-masks after the ensuite was built but they ended up making my eyes dry and sore [or round my neck which woke me thinking I was being strangled ] and it was really Da Booger's fault because she decided to use me as a pillow so woke me early.

Right, ketchup time - hope I have not missed any disastrous news posted after I went to bed.

Have a good day everyone.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2013, 06:49 AM
Morning Bev, yes I will have to check that out and see if I was up later the other day when she did this. So glad you love the hair You were obviously given an enthusiastic trainee there Bev.

Morning Malka, that's the trouble, once the sun is up and starts lighting up the bedroom, it wakes you up doesn't it, along with your alarm clock and De Booger of course, so you've got no chance of a lie in there!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-05-2013, 06:50 AM
Morning Helena. Hopefully that letter from Dave to the numptie will do the trick.
I hope Zena perks up later today wonder what that's all about then.

Sun shining here and look as if it will be a nice day. That will please my eldest son who is doing an outside painting job in Barnet and has had to keep dodging the rain and the n he worries the job won't come out as well as it he would like and which fulfills his Virgo need for everything perfect.

I am feeling sick to the stomach this morning Gorden is off in a bit to his interview for 10.15. I don't know if either of us can take another rejection. I know we will and we will eventually move on but each one is so much harder to take than the last one.
So fingers crossed and we really need those Dogsey vibes cranked up please.
Housework and washing here today and maybe a trip to Lidl.

Lorraine I was so sorry to read on yesterdays thread the news about your mum. I hope your uncle will be there to support you. (((Hugs))).
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2013, 06:56 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Morning all Dogsey Peops

Had a lie in this morning, woke at 6 but went back to sleep, and now feel like I've been out on the tiles all night, and haven't quite come round yet.

Zena's just chucked up some yellow bile out in the garden I knew she felt sick and this shouldn't be happening now that her medication is supposed to have settled it all down, cos that's twice this week, will have to do a note for the vet. She's gone back to bed, but I'm sure she'll be fine now she brought it up, but why nothing was different yesterday in what she ate.

Couldn't get back on here last night cos the phone was going after I spoke to Dave, and it's nice to catch up with old friends, especially as I'm stuck here on my own for 5 days a week now, it's a bit of a drag, and Dave feels the same. Anyway, the good news is, he can now do a letter to that plank, telling him he accepts his verbal resignation of last Monday and that he has to come in to collect his P45 and holiday money and arrange to pick up his tools, so hopefully, that'll now be the end of that (it won't of course!). Next week Dave is actually meeting up with the guy who wants to buy it, and believe it or not, he told me he's actually been looking at proper jobs in this area I shall be doing likewise today, cos of course, when he looks there's nothing about except for carers and cleaners, whereas when I looked last night I found quite a few jobs in this area for vehicle technicians.

The sun is shining, blue skies again with very high wind clouds, so it should be nice again today, so we'll be off down the beach again soon when I have this cuppa and wake myself up. I wish I hadn't overslept like that though.

Enjoy your day everyone and I'll catch you later
Regarding 'resignations' - they don't always have to be 'in writing' not unless the contract of employment states so. Verbal resignation can be accepted (of course there might be some dispute as regards 'what was said').

If the contract states that notice has to be given in writing, then a resignation will only be effective when it is received by the employer. The same thing applies to notices of dismissal.

And it's another misconception that resignations need to be 'accepted'. There is no need for a resignation to be accepted by the employer. Resignation is purely a decision for the employee, in the same way that dismissal is purely a matter for the employer – the employer cannot refuse to accept a resignation.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2013, 06:57 AM
Good Luck to Gordon, Lynn. I have everything crossed for him.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2013, 07:03 AM
Morning all,

Woke in a much more positive frame of mind. Decided enough is enough. I work darned hard, I'm trying to get a degree so I can teach and get better pay. I work hard at cadets so we get extra. OH can stop putting me down, he's getting told.

Never mind, it's a beautiful day today, going to try to depoo the garden this afternoon but need to sort out the washing first. Ironing to be done.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2013, 07:04 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Helena. Hopefully that letter from Dave to the numptie will do the trick.
I hope Zena perks up later today wonder what that's all about then.

Sun shining here and look as if it will be a nice day. That will please my eldest son who is doing an outside painting job in Barnet and has had to keep dodging the rain and the n he worries the job won't come out as well as it he would like and which fulfills his Virgo need for everything perfect.

I am feeling sick to the stomach this morning Gorden is off in a bit to his interview for 10.15. I don't know if either of us can take another rejection. I know we will and we will eventually move on but each one is so much harder to take than the last one.
So fingers crossed and we really need those Dogsey vibes cranked up please.
Housework and washing here today and maybe a trip to Lidl.

Lorraine I was so sorry to read on yesterdays thread the news about your mum. I hope your uncle will be there to support you. (((Hugs))).
Sending positive vibes across the miles to Gorden. I can remember when looking for and securing a job commensurate with your talent and ability wasn't such a godawful stressful and long drawn out process as it is today. I can even remember when we didn't have CVs! Just got an interview and usually told there and then if you'd got the job! Or, if they had others to see, they told you so and gave you a firm date for letting you know and they DID let you know!

Here am I working 4yrs+ past my 'retirement date' and feeling lucky that I am able to do so. My present bosses would find it hard to replace me as I was there from the inception of the website - and the only one left who was. Were it not for that fact I'd probably be relying on the odd bit of techie proofreading.

*which reminds me I've promised to glance over my eldest son's new website for him. Ooops! Told him I'd do it when my sister left! BAD mumsie.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-05-2013, 07:24 AM
Thank you Bev and Pat.

Oooohhhh I remember those days well. I left school at 16 and went into one of the first employment agencies opened and it was in our town they more than likely had them already in London but for Brentwood it was a big deal.
I got an interview the same afternoon with a stockbroking firm down the road went to the interview and walked out with a job.
Of course in those days too if you didn't like your job for whatever reason you took the time off for an interview and could walk out of one job and straight in another with no difficulty.
The 4 years hard slog we put into all this for Gorden when the boys were small in the 80's and then recently him doing his masters all to give us what we thought was a secure future especially as we got older makes you now wonder if it was worth it. Whoever would of thought Education would be one of the more worrying areas today.
Gorden has seen it dramatically change and isn't keen on a lot of the changes. The introduction of the national curriculum when he was in the classroom did it for him and is what prompted him to leave the classroom and many of his colleagues all excellent teachers and the Ofsted inspections reducing teachers to nervous wrecks.
His argument is if you can't teach by instinct what's the point.
But Education and helping to deliver it especially to the struggling children is his passion. So doing it through teaching the newly qualified teachers and helping schools to achieve their standards expected is what he loves to do and he is damn good at it given the chance.

Off my soap box now.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »