Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2005, 10:59 AM

What a weird night!

Last night was definitely very weird and a bit scary My 14 year old son went to bed and my 4 year old was in my bed as usual. I watched some tv and then fell asleep in the chair. My son came down at 2.45 and said that he was woken up by somebody shaking his bed He asked if it could be the heating or something, which I said no because the heating wasn't on and it wouldn't shake the bed anyway He then said that he decided to listen to some music on his headphones and just happened to glance up at the old computer (the one that I broke a couple of weeks ago and that is now mended and in his room) monitor and saw something in white standing there - he said he thought it was me for a moment because I had a white tshirt on yesterday Anyway he realised it weren't me. We went up to bed and he sat in his computer chair and kept looking at the screen (which was off) and I was stood at the door of his room talking to him and then the said he could see it again (although I never saw anything and I was stood there all the time ) I kept trying to convince him that it was just his imagination (and he has quite a good one ) but he wasn't so sure. He slept in Lauras bed last night (which she won't be very pleased about if she finds out )

Does anybody else think that your imagination can make you see things
I must admit I was a bit wary about going to sleep as well
spike_the_staffy
Dogsey Senior
Male 

02-09-2005, 11:09 AM
Is it possible he was sleep walking? :smt015
or you could have someone from another time and place, looking over you!!! hehe only joking!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by spike_the_staffy
Is it possible he was sleep walking? :smt015
or you could have someone from another time and place, looking over you!!! hehe only joking!

No he wasn't sleepwalking because he came downstairs for a drink and sat in the chair for quite a while before he went back upstairs again and he was definitely wide awake.
spike_the_staffy
Dogsey Senior
Male 

02-09-2005, 11:18 AM
I would move house!!! hehe
DonDon
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-09-2005, 11:28 AM
things like that often happen to me, its really scary. i sometimes feel as though theres someone sittin on my bed and i felt someone in my bed once (i sh*t mysel) i dont think its possible for someone to imagine anythin like that but i think if it happens, then your mind believes it will happen again. your mind makes you see and hear what you want to. he may have seen it the 2nd time but it could have been his fear from the 1st time that made him see it again, if that makes any sense.
Molly2606
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2005, 12:23 PM
i do think all children can see the "unexplained"
is it possible that he just woke up and thought his dream was real! i do belive in it tho we moved into our house last october it was fine at first then one night my son who was about 9mths at the time didn't want to be left in his bedroom he used to scream and make himself sick to get out we couldn't understand it untill one night i just managed to get him off to sleep in his room and there was a huge bang on his cot all of a sudden he started screaming. i must admit it feels very eerie when you walk in.
and when i'm alone at night the toys will go off by them selves theres shadows doors click open. but i don't feel threatened so it doesn't bother me
my partner tells me to shout "go away" and it'll leave. has someone you know died recently!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2005, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by Molly2606
i do think all children can see the "unexplained"
is it possible that he just woke up and thought his dream was real! i do belive in it tho we moved into our house last october it was fine at first then one night my son who was about 9mths at the time didn't want to be left in his bedroom he used to scream and make himself sick to get out we couldn't understand it untill one night i just managed to get him off to sleep in his room and there was a huge bang on his cot all of a sudden he started screaming. i must admit it feels very eerie when you walk in.
and when i'm alone at night the toys will go off by them selves theres shadows doors click open. but i don't feel threatened so it doesn't bother me
my partner tells me to shout "go away" and it'll leave. has someone you know died recently!

Hi Molly,

Yes I was wondering if he could see things we couldn't because we had some trouble with him when he was four and he was in the same room then and he said he could see squares on the walls and they were going to get him. He was scared of the wallpaper which was just normal Thomas the Tank wallpaper and said he could see faces on it.

I was born in this house and my two sisters were too and there has only ever been our family who have lived in it since it was new in 1939. My mum and her mum and dad moved in but her mum died shortly afterwards of an heart attack when she was only in her early 50's. My mum lived with her dad and helped to look after him and then she met my dad and my dad moved in too when they married and then in 1959 my Grandad died (before I was born) and then my dad died 4 1/2 years ago but he wasn't living here at the time of his death he lived in a ground floor maisonette because my mum and him were both ill. I can't remember ever seeing anything suspicious at all and I used to sleep in that room when I was young.

Thinking back a few months I seem to remember my daughter saying that she saw something white although I told her she must have dreamt it and said it would have been the dog or something because he is white and sleeps on her bed.

Thanks for your reply Molly it is very interesting
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2005, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by DonDon
things like that often happen to me, its really scary. i sometimes feel as though theres someone sittin on my bed and i felt someone in my bed once (i sh*t mysel) i dont think its possible for someone to imagine anythin like that but i think if it happens, then your mind believes it will happen again. your mind makes you see and hear what you want to. he may have seen it the 2nd time but it could have been his fear from the 1st time that made him see it again, if that makes any sense.

Hi Donna, thanks for your reply Yes I understand what you mean I just hope he isn't scared of going back to his own bed tonight because my daughter comes home from Florida on Wednesday and she would kill him if she found out he slept in her bed
DonDon
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-09-2005, 01:13 PM
ha ha, i slept in my brothers room for a whole month after what happened to me in my room! a tell ye, it freaked me right out. similar things like what mollys, talkin about happen to me all the time.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2005, 01:28 PM
Ooooh....don't like that Foxy.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »