View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-04-2013, 09:49 AM

Ella the staffie.. or puffie? (pug x staffie)

Ella is a staffie, supposedly. We doubt that. We think she's part pug. Her googly eyes are proof of that!

Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-04-2013, 11:13 AM
Whether she is or is not, Ella is absolutely gorgeous! I especially like the picture of her laying on her back - that tummy is definitely asking for a kiss!

How did she settle down once you finally brought her home?
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-04-2013, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Whether she is or is not, Ella is absolutely gorgeous! I especially like the picture of her laying on her back - that tummy is definitely asking for a kiss!

How did she settle down once you finally brought her home?
Hehe yes she has a nearly hairless tummy, excellent for blowing raspberries on it!

She's settling in very well now. We had a little accident with the carpet after I had to leave her a bit longer than normal and we're trying to find solutions for that. It's a rare occurence anyway.
We also had a behaviourist come round for her dog reactivity and looks like we're on the right track and she's doing so well. We might be popping in some classes soon to see how she feels with other dogs around and if all goes well I'll start slowly taking her to training and agility classes.
She's a little googly eyed dream
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2013, 12:06 PM
Mmmm, she not necessarily part pug. Staffie come in all shapes and sizes....although purists wouldn't call them all Staffies unless they meet the breed standards. I've met tall ones, short ones, athletic ones, more piggy ones.
She's lovely!
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-04-2013, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Mmmm, she not necessarily part pug. Staffie scone in all shapes and sizes....although purists wouldn't call them all Staffies unless they met the breed standards. I've met tall ones, short ones, athletic ones, more piggy ones.
She's lovely!
I know, it's just a running joke between me and my boyfriend because her expression is sometimes very pug-ish and she has those protruding eyes
She's not technically pure bred as she is not a pedigree dog, so we can't know for sure, but she was apparently just the 'runt' of the litter, all her littermates developed into 'proper' staffies. There's a very old and kind of funny video about staffies and their standard on youtube, and they show examples of how staffies shouldn't look (like Ella).. but I don't care what she is or what she looks like
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2013, 12:32 PM
What ever she is she a sweety.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2013, 01:06 PM
Originally Posted by Florence View Post
I know, it's just a running joke between me and my boyfriend because her expression is sometimes very pug-ish and she has those protruding eyes
She's not technically pure bred as she is not a pedigree dog, so we can't know for sure, but she was apparently just the 'runt' of the litter, all her littermates developed into 'proper' staffies. There's a very old and kind of funny video about staffies and their standard on youtube, and they show examples of how staffies shouldn't look (like Ella).. but I don't care what she is or what she looks like
Ooo I'd like to see that vid! I have a big agile staffie girl.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2013, 01:15 PM
No Pug in her make up, she is all Staffy. She's just not mature yet, her head will broaden as she matures.

Typical Staffy expressions for me xx
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-04-2013, 05:30 PM
Aw what a little sweet heart Ella looks like a Staff to me
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-04-2013, 08:11 PM
Ella is beautiful, I can see she does the same as Lola, as in giving you that look that only bull breeds give when they want something I imagine she wraps you round her paws as easily as Lola does me.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >