Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2013, 05:47 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Friday

Morning all Dogsey Peops

Raining again oh to wake up to some glorious sunshine, but at least the garden thinks spring has finally arrived, as I see all the colours appearing so that's something I suppose amongst the drab old skies.

I won't tell you what I've got on my list this morning cos I don't really want to know about it till I get started, but by 11 am, if I start early enough and race around enough it'll all be done and dusted. The new guy will be in his van with everything he needs in there, including a set of keys which I've got to get cut, and I will have his money I've also got to make sure the other van is completely ready for new guests arriving from the IOW tomorrow, but as long as it's all written down it should all go smoothly, which I've already done as it comes into my head.

The neighbour's car alarm was going off at midnight last night, and I thought it was his burglar alarm with the flashing orange I saw against the wall. It seemed to go on forever, but finally stopped after the usual 20 mins thank goodness.

Hope you're all well this morning along with the doglets, don't think there's anyone we've got to worry about today, so let's get on with it Hope yours is one of those same old, same old's that I envy so very much
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2013, 06:39 AM
Morning Helena and fellow members,

Another busy day for you, but maybe if your plan of having it all done by 11am you may have a break this afternoon? I do hope so I don't quite understand why you have to give the new man-in-the-van money - maybe I missed the reason last night.

My OH arrived back safely and apart from tweaking something in the back suspension the car is all set up for the season ahead .... so a very happy OH last night.

I only slept for a few hours last night - no reason why and so annoying and when I did doze off had the most ridiculous vivid dreams Pouring with rain this morning which is a shame as I'm meant to be walking the dogs with a friend and her dog. We'll have to see if it eases off a little.

I hope you and your dogs are OK (and Millie has settled). See you all later and enjoy your day.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2013, 06:58 AM
Morning H, Jenny and all

I hope everything goes smoothly for you this morning H.

Shame about the rain Jenny, it's damp here but not actually raining (yet)

I have a fairly busy day today, I am taking the two younger boys out on the bike and the others for a normal walk then off to work this afternoon but leaving early as I have a hospital appointment for a scan, I think I will be glad to get home tonight!

I still haven't sorted the internet properly, I am trying to unsuccessfully install a new router. I wish they wouldn't use initials as I struggle to work out what a WAN is or if I want PPPoE or PPPoA. Will have to try again when I have a few hours to spare!

Have a good day all
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-04-2013, 07:02 AM
Afternoon all.
Helena I hope you have everything done by 11am as planned. No nipping off to Dunelms with the cash. Although goodness you deserve too I think a nanny nap would be better for you if you can resist.

I couldn't get to sleep last night so popped on here and everyone including Sally had gone to bed. So I watched 24 ours in A&E on catch up tv finally nodded off around 12pm then Dillon had a short nibbling session around 2am then a big nibbling session at 5am.
I would like him to stop now so we can get back to our bed properly and not worry about popping out and leaving him for an hour or two. If we put a sock on him he would nibble it till it was soaking or altogether off.
I will be glad when all this decorating and moving things about is done it was the second night running I have had dreams of finding walls or the staircase with paint missing or holes in and Gorden telling me its fine no one will notice.
Raining here too or has been so the ground is very wet.

Jackie I hope you had another peaceful night with Millie and that she stays comfortable today again too.
Jenny good news about OH's car. I think and hope the man is paying Helena.

Enjoy your Friday all.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2013, 07:03 AM
Morning H and all,
Its taken me over an hour this morning to get my computer to work. I started it up and it would go so far (very slowly) and then not load the icons or anything else. I also couldn't log it off either so had to keep switching it off at the wall. So if I go Awol you know its my computer broken down.

This morning I am going to pick my neice up and take her to my mums to sit with my dad. Poor mum has become a prisnor and can't go anywhere and leave him, so I am going to take her out this morning. We are coming back to Colchester and i am taking her all the places she wants to go but can't get to anymore. We will then pop back here for a coffee before going to Tesco's so she can choose her own shopping this week and then back to hers.

Charly and Ash are heading off to Devon this afternoon for the weekend. They have seen a couple of houses they want to view down there. Ash already owns a 3 bed house there but they have seen a 9 bedroom beautiful house they want to look at at a very good price. It needs completely re-doing inside but the shell and the lovely flagstone flooring is all fine.
Anyway I had better get on.
Hope you all have a good day and lets hope this rain goes away.
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2013, 07:33 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Morning all Dogsey Peops

Raining again oh to wake up to some glorious sunshine, but at least the garden thinks spring has finally arrived, as I see all the colours appearing so that's something I suppose amongst the drab old skies.

I won't tell you what I've got on my list this morning cos I don't really want to know about it till I get started, but by 11 am, if I start early enough and race around enough it'll all be done and dusted. The new guy will be in his van with everything he needs in there, including a set of keys which I've got to get cut, and I will have his money I've also got to make sure the other van is completely ready for new guests arriving from the IOW tomorrow, but as long as it's all written down it should all go smoothly, which I've already done as it comes into my head.

The neighbour's car alarm was going off at midnight last night, and I thought it was his burglar alarm with the flashing orange I saw against the wall. It seemed to go on forever, but finally stopped after the usual 20 mins thank goodness.

Hope you're all well this morning along with the doglets, don't think there's anyone we've got to worry about today, so let's get on with it Hope yours is one of those same old, same old's that I envy so very much
Hi Helena and everone,

The robin was singing its little heart out this morning,not in a tree or on a bush,on one of the sheeps head,the lamb was watching this and all off a sudden it made its move and the lamb was sprawled over its mothers head,legs hanging down its mum chest,it just made me smile,but thr Robin wasnt fazed and found another sheep to perch on and restarted his singing.I think after this weekend,we are going to get an improvement in the weather,everything crossed,but the birds are very busy now.I cant wait to see the Bluebells,Anyway hope everyone including the doggies are getting in a positive frame of mind.When we had are plastering done,the plasterer used stilts,which looked very funny. quick note to Helena,there is an amazing software package for garages,every week it prints P&L and does wages, invoicing and it didnt cost thousands.I set it up for my stepson,and he knows where he is everyweek crystalgirl
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-04-2013, 07:39 AM
Good morning!
Thought I'd pop in here for once, since I'm up at this time and for once am not at work as I've got a week off for moving. So this morning I'm getting the keys, followed by a solo cleaning session as my boyfriend does have to work today. Then the moving will begin. I have no idea at all how we're going to manage it, all I know is that it will be done by Sunday because we have no choice lol.
And then I won't have the internet for about 2 weeks, not properly anyway. We've got a dongle but that's more for emergencies.
So until then: have a lovely time and hope you're all well!

Florence
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2013, 07:39 AM
Good morning all.
Sounds like you all have your day planned, I hope all goes well for you.

Bev Charly and Ash have probably picked a good weekend, the forecast is good for down here, although I believe the north coast had a few thunder storms last night.

We are still decorating the bathroom, such a little room but taking so long. Of course we are getting older

Back later.
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-04-2013, 08:01 AM
Morning all. It sounds like we've all got similar weather, where's this hot spell we've been promised? I washed so e dog beds during a dry hour then hung them on the line only to do a mad dash to collect them all up when it bucketed down and my poor tumble dryer has gone into overdrive.

Against my better judgement I went to Tescos last evening. I don't know why because I came out fuming after seeing mummy and granny chav totally ignoring their 4-5 year old kid systematically pick a box of tomatoes off the vines then cough and do a snotty sneeze all over them!! Jeeze it's no wonder there are so many germs going around. I'm tempted to start a petition for an adults only shopping day and from now on I will only be buying stuff that is securely packaged on the highest shelf and to hell with keeping waste down to a minimum.

Someone's just emailed me a poster that says "cleaning a house with dogs is like brushing your teeth whilst eating biscuits". How true!

Have a good day all.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-04-2013, 08:02 AM

Nechda - make sure that when you have done each thing on the list, you tick it off as you have done it, or you will end up going round in circles - keeping well away from you-know-where!

If the neighbour's car alarm was going off, why did he not see to it but just let it carry on until it stopped of its own accord? I mean why have an alarm and then ignore it?

Jenny - I am glad your OH got back home safely [and happy!]. Maybe the rain will ease off so you can still walk the dogs with your friend and hers.

Gerry - hope the scan goes OK. As for installing the new router, have you tried googling the make/model to see if there are simple instructions?

Lynn - what a nuisance that Dillon is still nibbling - you are like me with checking the time - Dillon with his nibbling and Da Booger with her wanna go outs! Hopefully all your decorating/furniture moving will be done soon so you stop having those horrid nightmares.

Bev - I do hope your computer decides to behave now - I go into headless chicken mode whenever something happens to mine! It will be good for your mum to have some time out and then choose her own shopping for a change, and I hope you both enjoy yourselves.

Is Ash thinking about that large house for a possible b&b?

Da Booger only got me up once, just before 3am, then let me have another two hours sleep after I had given her her 7am pill, so it was not too bad a night for me.

Hi to anyone who has popped in while I have been typing - have a good day everyone whatever you have planned.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »