Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2005, 10:43 AM

Chickadeedeedee

I'm getting worried about Chickadeedeedee because I know that the hurricane was meant to be getting near them on Tuesday night Wed morning and I sent her a pm last night to ask if she is okay and she hasn't answered. I do hope her and her family and animals are all okay
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

01-09-2005, 12:23 PM
I know that there are still a lot of people without power - if you want to pm me her area I can get in touch with some American friends in the area and find out what the situation is for her area?
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2005, 12:25 PM
Hope they're ok Foxy. Last thing they'll get back is power if storm has hit so fingers crossed everything's ok.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2005, 10:43 AM
Thanks Emm and Wufflehoond, she contacted me by pm last night and her and her family are okay but her husband has set off to go and help because he is a surgeon.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2005, 10:45 AM
At least they're ok. If you hear from her, let her know we're all thinking of them and their loved ones.:smt049
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

03-09-2005, 09:18 AM
oh that is great that they are alright I'm getting some horrible stories just now about what is happening out there - really frightening and really sad there are loads of displaced humans and animals fighting for survival and they are not getting the help they need - they are having to rely on small charities with limited funds to try and help them out
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

03-09-2005, 11:00 AM
Hope it all gets sorted out SOON! What a mess, both natural and manmade...

I've just been on another UK site where some Americans post. One of the American guys posted about the hurricane and asked for everone's prayers. Big mistake! Anyone would have thought he'd asked us to sacrifice a goat or something. Just goes to show the cultural difference between us in probably the most secular country in the world and the God bothering inhabitants on the other side of the Atlantic. Personally, when anyone asks for a prayer or two, I'll quite happily interpret that to mean my thoughts being with them will suffice.

Here's me thinking folks who don't have anything to do with religion have more sense than to go around critisizing other's beliefs. Not 100% true, evidently...