Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-01-2013, 07:36 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread. (Monday).

Morning everyone we have the dreaded white stuff here not to thick at the moment but a thin layer and still falling.
It is meat to be here again late afternoon too and they are saying about it freezing. Gorden has a staff meeting he is running in a school in Lewisham this afternoon . We will be hoping it doesn't get cancelled as we can't really afford it to be cancelled but I will worry if he does drive up there.
Bl**dy stuff.

June good luck at the vet with Sasha today I read she seems to be picking up nicely now even though giving you the cow pats still. I am glad your son was gentle with you over the ding on the car.
Bev I hope Kyiro improved as the day went on yesterday and is feeling a lot less sore today. I bet you are glad of those new windows and doors today.
Helena I hope Zena's paws are a lot betteer today.
Lorraine congratulations on your new achievement.
Sally I hope Jimmi had a better night last night and moving his bed helped him to settle.
Malka I hope you are feeling better today.
Jenny I heard on the news about the tug threatening to spoil the Devon beaches is it near you ? Wherever it is I hope they can rescue it without it spilling its load of oil.
I think iv'e covered everyone if I haven't apologies.

Well I expect its going to have to be the field today with Dillon and hope it isn't wet still under the snow.

I hope everyone is well today and the doglets. Those that aren't get well soon.
Have a good Monday and stay safe out there.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2013, 07:42 AM
Morning Lynn,Morning all

We had a flurry of snow last night for around 10 mins,so none here yet
It's freezing though.
No college for Lizzie today,Tom has just left for school and Luke has an appointment with the jobcentre.

Having Lizzie's b/f for tea tonight.

Lots of laundry to do as usual.

Take care those of you that have had snow and are out and about today x

Have a good day all x
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2013, 07:44 AM
Morning Lynn. Snow eh? You sound about as excited by it as I would be (I am a bah humbug when it comes to snow and ice).

Hope your OH stays safe on the roads.

I'm having a good day really purely because the spider bite that was excruciating yesterday is much less painful today after they jabbed me full of all sorts!

Sun is shining here but it is a tad chilly for Cyprus.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-01-2013, 07:46 AM
Morning Sal. You are a slave to the laundry.
Good luck to Luke today and enjoy your tea.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2013, 07:52 AM
Morning all.

Here it looks like there is a frost and a flutering of snow that has stuck as opposed to snow really, but there have I think been more flutterings in the night overall I think it is too wet to stick.

So plan for today first day of the weeks holiday YEAH!!! I fetched my walking boots out for the non slip effect took Sal out and "someone" kept lobbing snow balls at her luckily the said person "Moi" knows she adores the snow and she had a great game chasing the snowball.

I have plans to try a Tai Chi Class at a local church hall. Make a hairdressers appointment. And then hopefuly get into the loft for the sort out and put Xmas stuff back in and free the little bedroom.

See you all later. Have a good day and try to stay upright, warm and safe.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-01-2013, 07:55 AM
Morning Lynn, morning all

Having been up since stupid o'clock [bed/loo/bed/loo/bed/loo] gave up and got up. Now it is computer/loo/computer/loo - I think that Sally's magic bottle had something dodgy in it when it was my turn as she said it had something to cure Comrade Chestikov and Seņors Sorefrotes and Sneezles. It did not and they then decided to bring their friend the Dastardly Dire Rear.

Going to try to catch up on Dogsey but might go back to bed instead.

Hope nobody is snowed in. Must check the papers.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2013, 08:03 AM
Morning Lynn, Sal, Pat and everyone

Yes, we've got the white stuff too, and it's snowing quite hard now, but that fine powdery stuff like they have in the ski resorts, and although I was dreading it coming, just like you Lynn, for Dave having to get to work, I have to say, looking over that forest and all these fir trees around here, it does look pretty, I will have to get the camera out if it thickens up later. Dave is very depressed but who can blame him

I hope Gorden gets to that meeting Lynn. I've just caught up with last night's news and so pleased to hear all seems to have improved greatly on the puppy front, and good luck at the vets June. Good luck with Kyiro at the vets too Bev, I hope it all goes well. Well done there Lorraine, woop woop to you! Sal I hope Lizzie's new boyfriend turns out to be just the lad you'd want to bring home to meet mum. Lynnb, your Hooch did make me laugh when I read about him tunnelling up through your duvet Pat, I'm glad you got that bite sorted, you never know, that could hae turned out really nasty.

Well, apart from the snow, all is well here, but I'm supposed to be at the vets at 10 o'clock but somehow I don't think I can get there I could walk up through the woods, but all that mud, she'll be in a right old state by the time we got there. It's not an important one, it's just him wanting a chat about how she's doing on these daily ab's and they finish next week, cos he only gave me one more week. I might just ring him and see what he says. I certainly can't drive anywhere, uphill from here I'd be sideways, and downhill....well, it doesn't bear thinking about

I'll try and get Zena out somehow though.

Enjoy your day whatever you're up to
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2013, 08:05 AM
Good morning all.

Yuk, it's white over this morning. Hate, hate, hate the stuff

That's my rant over then

Mmm, what are we doing today? Heaven knows - probably a walk round the block if it isn't slippery, but I have a feeling it might be just long plays on the garden today instead.

Did I mention that I hate snow?

Have a good 'un all and stay safe - particularly those who have to go out in the yukky stuff x
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2013, 08:07 AM
Morning Lynn and all,
No snow here yet so keep it your way Lynn. Knowing you have got it is worrying because as the crow flies you are not that far away. I have to take Kyiro on the 14 mile round trip to the vets to get his foot checked and bandage changed today and need to get there not be stopped because of damn horrible snow.

Charly left the house at 6am to get a bus for the station where she will get the train to London as she is working with top European Law firm "Freshfields". They were very impressed with her before and invited her back. Bearing in mind they only take a few top Oxford or Cambridge law students each year she has done very well getting there in the first place let alone being invited back. I hope it doesn't snow and she gets stuck in London, I told her to take her phone charger and clean knickers just in case .

I am glad of my new windows and doors at the moment Lynn, a draught free house at last. Just feel sorry for the other houses having them done each day over the next month round here if the weather gets worse.

Work this afternoon so again hope no snow so I can get there and more importantly back.
I hope Gordon's job doesn't get cancelled.

Malka I hope you are feeling better today. I do worry about you.
June I am thinking of you and Sasha today at the vets. I am so glad she is improving.

Stay safe everyone especially be careful if you have the awful white stuff.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2013, 08:10 AM
Morning Lynn and all

I hope Gordon is ok on the roads today, I hate the snow, it's really worrying.

I am hoping that Sasha and Kyiro are both recovering, was thinking about Bev and her getting to the vets in the snow.

I am sorry you are still not well, I didn't imbibe last night so am ok (although rather a lot of bourbon was taken the night before).

I don't usually work on Mondays but we have a reception meeting, as I was responsible for it being cancelled the previous week (not enough notice was given) I don't have much choice but to brave the snow.

I am expecting my dog food delivery tomorrow, I was worried about us being snowed in but didn't think of where it comes from which is more likely to be the problem.

I hope everyone has a good day today and stays safe.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »