View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-12-2012, 06:59 AM

Morning all. Dogsey daily thread (Friday).

A damp morning here this morning and a bit milder.

Well another successful morning with Dillon.
Changed the routine slightly yesterday afternoon took him on a longer walk as I wanted a bath and hair wash when we got back and didn't fancy turning out again in the cold and dark. We went out for an hour but spent 20 mins talking to someone with a newfie who wasn't impressed with Dillon.
Fed him again at 7pm and let him gnaw on his marrow bone for an hour before bedtime.
Wallah he didn't stir till 6am. So I opted to get up and wash and dress at a leisurely pace rather than at a manic pace which had become the norm for the past week.
He was lying happily at the bottom of the stairs waiting and quietly.
I will update in more detail on the other thread later.
At the moment he is laying nicely by me.

I am speaking to the vet today over the phone about the superlorin as the nurse yesterday said his behaviour and snififng and sneezing when in the garden first thing definately sounds like he has the whiff of somethng and more than likely an in season bitch. Mark who I will be speaking too is the vet in the practice who has studied the superlorin and done most of the implants and on large dogs too.
If he says it will be ok and won't affect his growth plates we will get it done we can't lose anything can we ?
Dillons breeder has 3 friends who have had their males implanted and couldn't believe the difference.

Chris I hope today finds Gary feeling better.
Jen I hopé the back isn't so sore today.
Bev good luck for tomorrow I imagine you are feeling quite sick and worried today.
For anyone else feeling poorly human or dog or any furry or feathered friend I wish you well soon.

Have a safe and enjoyable day all.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2012, 07:33 AM
Hello Lynn.
I'm not going to say too much, for fear of jinxing things but it sounds like good news with Dillon Good luck.

The back is slightly better thanks. I had a much better night.

Well the rain that was forecast is here only heavier than I expected accompanied by gale force winds

Today will be spent indoors in the warm and dry making pasties! A special request from the Grand-daughters, and to fill up the freezer for when we have had enough of all the Christmas fayre and can't be bothered to cook anything else

Have a good day everyone and stay dry.
Anniebee
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-12-2012, 07:39 AM
Just popping in to say that I'm glad things are looking up with Dillon Lyn, nice to hear you sounding less frazzled too
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2012, 07:42 AM
Morning Lynn, Jen, Anniebee and everyone

Phew! Sounds like you are now on the way to getting a cure for that boy of yours now Lynn, I'm so, so pleased just a simple change of routine seems to be doing the trick, what a good boy, bless him. When I saw this thread up already when I logged on, I thought blimey, you got up early and in the dark!!! It's sooooo dark this morning isn't it

Couldn't sleep last night, Dave was snoring so loudyly and he's right at the other end of a 21ft hallway!!! I last looked at the clock at half past midnight, and thought nope, I'm gonna shut his door. Poor Zena was asleep in the kitchen as I crept past and closed his door, and on my return, she shot up, scrabbling on the laminate to see who was there but seemed quite pleased that it was only me

Bitkin has been doing my ancestry for me, it's all so interesting, because I never knew my grandfather, he died early, but they were very famous for manufacturing rubber goods and this goes way back to my great, great grandfather. There's a big page about their company, and I did laugh when she told me my grandparents had 2 servants not slaves she said, but servants lol! Something obviously went wrong somewhere along the line cos I ended up being a servant in most of the jobs I've had lol! I blame my parents

Dave home today, and I think I might nip down the town if I dare, just to get him a few bits for Christmas day, like pants or something, he's so, so difficult to buy for, but I might see something he might like.

Hope you haven't got the bad weather, poor you Jenny, I think you're in for a real soaking down in the West and then we'll be getting what's left of it this afternoon. Glad to hear that back is much better today Jen.x Scotland is going to be really bad tonight with blizzards of snow Stay safe up there.

I hope Jimmi's sorely paw is better now that the vet has lanced his abcess (or rather he did it himself), and any other poorly doglets are on the mend today. We're fine here touch wood.

Enjoy your Friday
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-12-2012, 07:43 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Hello Lynn.
I'm not going to say too much, for fear of jinxing things but it sounds like good news with Dillon Good luck.

The back is slightly better thanks. I had a much better night.

Well the rain that was forecast is here only heavier than I expected accompanied by gale force winds

Today will be spent indoors in the warm and dry making pasties! A special request from the Grand-daughters, and to fill up the freezer for when we have had enough of all the Christmas fayre and can't be bothered to cook anything else

Have a good day everyone and stay dry.
Morning Jen.
Glad to hear the back is feeling better and you managed a good nights sleep.
Oh that rain and wind doesn't sound good I hope you have no more flooding.
Good idea I think to stay in the warm and try and make pasties. Now I have caught up on some much needed sleep I might pop along to the party this evening if you are bringing some pasties along.
AliStarfish
New Member!
Female 

14-12-2012, 07:44 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
A damp morning here this morning and a bit milder.

Well another successful morning with Dillon.
Changed the routine slightly yesterday afternoon took him on a longer walk as I wanted a bath and hair wash when we got back and didn't fancy turning out again in the cold and dark. We went out for an hour but spent 20 mins talking to someone with a newfie who wasn't impressed with Dillon.
Fed him again at 7pm and let him gnaw on his marrow bone for an hour before bedtime.
Wallah he didn't stir till 6am. So I opted to get up and wash and dress at a leisurely pace rather than at a manic pace which had become the norm for the past week.
He was lying happily at the bottom of the stairs waiting and quietly.
I will update in more detail on the other thread later.
At the moment he is laying nicely by me.

I am speaking to the vet today over the phone about the superlorin as the nurse yesterday said his behaviour and snififng and sneezing when in the garden first thing definately sounds like he has the whiff of somethng and more than likely an in season bitch. Mark who I will be speaking too is the vet in the practice who has studied the superlorin and done most of the implants and on large dogs too.
If he says it will be ok and won't affect his growth plates we will get it done we can't lose anything can we ?
Dillons breeder has 3 friends who have had their males implanted and couldn't believe the difference.

Chris I hope today finds Gary feeling better.
Jen I hopé the back isn't so sore today.
Bev good luck for tomorrow I imagine you are feeling quite sick and worried today.
For anyone else feeling poorly human or dog or any furry or feathered friend I wish you well soon.

Have a safe and enjoyable day all.
Good morning!

Just wondering how on wash someone would not be impressed by Dillon, poor boy.

It's a bit warmer here today so hopefully i can take Pippin for a walk instead of a slow crawl!!

I am hoping my sciatica will allow me to go and meet a friend for coffee. I am fed up having to cancel fun stuff. Grrr. Thank goodness I have a dog now because he makes me keep walking.

I hope everyone has a good day - 'It's Friday!'
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2012, 07:46 AM
That explains your interest in rubber goods then H

Yes I will bring some pasties Lynn
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2012, 07:55 AM
Originally Posted by AliStarfish View Post
I am hoping my sciatica will allow me to go and meet a friend for coffee. I am fed up having to cancel fun stuff. Grrr. Thank goodness I have a dog now because he makes me keep walking.

!'
Morning AliS I'm the same as you, lots of walking is really good for sciatica, it always helps mine, but on the flat is better, whereas mine is always uphills!

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
That explains your interest in rubber goods then H

Yes I will bring some pasties Lynn
I know Jen I'm waiting for that bit to possibly crop up because he actually "invented" the hot water bottle, so you never know!!!!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-12-2012, 08:24 AM
Morning Lynn, morning all - been up for 5˝ hours already which serves me right for the nanny nap yesterday. It is gremperable here and that evil Pereg is insisting on sitting by the open door so I have had to do the old crone act and wrap a fleece blankie round my leggies.

No hot water, natch, so it is clothespegs on noses everyone as no shower this morning, and unless the yellow thing appears there will not be a shower today, and if the gremperable turns into grezzerable the evil one will not get a walkie today.

Erm - any more duffnuts required for this evening's jollities?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2012, 08:29 AM
Morning all

I am just in from taking Sal out and now just having a browse before going to bed. It snowed slightly here last night but just rain now really.
Not a bad night at work and same again tonight I imagine.

Lynn glad its working for you, I'd wish you luck but you won't need it. You have cracked it. Just try and move things back gently again so he is out a little later every day/week and then even if he gets used to that he will be later in the first place?

Jen I am glad your back is a bit better.

And Helena are you sure its not your snooring waking Dave up and causing him to snore.

Ouch with the sciatica.....
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »