Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2012, 04:46 PM

A tribute video to my beautiful Tara Dog

So Tara's many health issues have been building up for a while, and it seems they may now be taking their toll on my girl she's dropped a lot of weight over the past few months despite eating well and is becoming more and more 'wobbly' and weak on her legs.

For those of you who don't know her story, Tara came to me between christmas and new year 2008 when her current owner wanted to euthanise her. To cut a long story short she was signed over to the practice where I was working at the time, and came home to live with me over new year until the rehoming kennels could take her. Obviously she never quite made it to those kennels

She was approximately 12 and a half when I got her and had a few issues when we got her, various lumps and bumps, an injured leg, terrible dental issues and liver disease. But we got through all of that, leg was stitched up, teeth got sorted, lumps tested and a couple removed and put on supplements to support her liver function. She was also a nervous wreck when I got her, terrified of sudden movements, raised voices and if you caught her by surprise she would scream and run for the hills My thoughts when I took her in were if I could just give her a good 6 - 12 months, I would be happy.

Slowly she learnt to trust again and almost 4 years later here we are Following a head trauma a couple of years back when playing with Max in the garden she has been left partially blind and been plagued with vestibular episodes, one of those horrible accidents that leaves you thinking 'if only' several times over

She is now looking very skinny, her face is starting to hollow with the weight she is dropping. Bloods are all normal, even her liver is back to normal. She has as mentioned lots and lots of lumps, and our best suspicion is that one or more of those are nasty. However with her current issues and her age, I wouldn't put her through any major treatments or surgeries, so finding out exactly what / where it is would make no difference. She is on supportive treatment and as long as she is still eating and able to get herself up and around and out for the toilet then that is good enough for me. She still plods out on her walks and loves being in the fresh air. I know we are living on borrowed time, and she will tell me when she's had enough, and I can't help but think this time will soon come

So today I have made a tribute for my girl made up of a few photos we have taken over the past 4 happy years. From the frightened shell of a dog she came to me as, to the happy and contented dog I see before me ... this is my girl, my angel, my forever dog, Tara

I love you baby girl, more than you will ever know
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2012, 05:09 PM
Wow, that tribute to your gorgeous Tara is just wonderful and really moving

What a terrific 4 years she has had with you being welcomed in to your family and how lovely that your other dogs were happy to share you with her

It is amazing that she had been taken in to be PTS yet you have given her another 4 years of quality time - possibly the best 4 years of her life Well done, she is a credit to you.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-12-2012, 05:25 PM
Oh how beautiful and moving is that. (((Hugs))) to you and to beautiful Tara and thank you for giving her a home and such love. xx
Azz
Administrator
Male 

02-12-2012, 05:44 PM
Aww what a lovely tribute and what a wonderful life you have given her, you deserve a medal. I love the photo of you both together
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-12-2012, 06:04 PM
Hayley Tara is a credit to you, you clearly gave her a taste of a life she had not previously known. What a lovely way for a little unwanted dog to end her days .
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

03-12-2012, 10:01 AM
What a beautiful tribute to Tara. Unfortunately, I can't see the clip (my pc's fault). Tara is well loved all due to your taking her.

Bless you both and thank for sharing xx
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2012, 07:59 PM
Oh dear that made me get all teary. What a lucky girl to have found you. x
dave2003
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-12-2012, 12:56 AM
beautiful girl and a lovely way to remember her got me going x
tehg
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-12-2012, 05:25 AM
Thanks for sharing this lovely tribute to your beautiful Tara!

What a wonderful story -- it got me all teary-eyed.
HannahnMaggie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-12-2012, 01:16 PM
What a beautiful and moving tribute. Brought tears to my eyes. She's so lucky to have found you x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >