Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
VioletBoxer
New Member!
Female 

22-11-2012, 07:37 AM

Best puppy food...

Hi...I have a Husky/Boxer mix 2 month old puppy....she is more boxer than husky....

This is my first dog so I am wondering what food is best for her...I have been reading up on some brands but then other sites say its not good..so I am a little overwhelmed right now.

Please help!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-11-2012, 11:11 AM
Hello Eva welcome.
I note you are in the USA , this site is based in the UK so it is not so easy to recommend varieties of dog food because we don't necessarily have the same ones as you.

I would suggest looking at the ingredients of any dog food with care and go for the one with the least number of additives /cereals.

Also if you are switching food it is a good idea to do so with care so as not to upset your puppy's tummy.

I am not really great fan of so called complete food/ kibble and prefer when possible to feed fresh food to my dog .

I understand Orjen is available in the USA, a food which is recommended by some members here .
DenisaC
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-11-2012, 11:58 PM
I live in Canada and my dog has been on Science Diet ever since he was a little puppy. The breeder recommended this brand to us when we first got him and have stuck to it since then. However, we tried switching his food once to Beneful and then Pedigree and he got really sick and we put him back on Science Diet. He doesn't really like kibble so that's why we tried switching to other brands but it made him very sick. My boyfriend constantly switches his dogs food and the dog seems to be fine so I guess it depends on the dog but I still wouldn't recommend doing this. The dog might not show physical signs of being sick but it's probably not healthy.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

26-11-2012, 01:15 AM
Be sure to check out our dog food guide as well...

Dog Food
james6
New Member!
Male 

06-12-2012, 04:48 PM
Iams Smart Puppy Proactive Health Dry Puppy Food 17.5-lb.