Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2005, 06:28 PM

are you a donor

was just wondering after watcking some domar ops on telly if any of you are donors?

if not what are the reasons you do not wish to do this?
I am a full donar when i am gone i would like to help some one else

what are your views.............
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2005, 06:45 PM
i am, i have just sent off for my drivers license and i ticked for a full donor and i also give blood every 6 months
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-08-2005, 06:45 PM
Yes-im a registered organ donor.I did this years ago and it shows on my driving licence as well as the donor card i always carry.

Thing is,cause im im not married i had to convince my mother (next of kin) to give permission should i die suddenly.
But,at the time she was not in favour of it until i said-what if Joshua (her grandson) needed a kidney and everyone held views like hers.

She relented then and would agree to organ removal should anything happen to me.

The only thing i dont want removed are my corneas.Sounds weird i know,but years ago i used to suffer from nightmares about being blind and something dont feel right.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-08-2005, 06:54 PM
oh is a blood donor they wont let me due to my weight under the 50 kg mark.
not a organ donor at the mo but some thing i would consider and am thinking about if my bits help another so be it,once i am gone i am gone so they are no good to me.

what do you have to do to become a organ donor?
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-08-2005, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by leo

what do you have to do to become a organ donor?

Try this

http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/ukt/h...me_a_donor.jsp
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-08-2005, 07:02 PM
on me way.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2005, 08:28 PM
I would love to be a blood donor, but being diabetic there's not really much of me they would want
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2005, 08:35 PM
id love to be a blood donor as well but my weight is not right i have to gain weight to give blood
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2005, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by crazycockers
I would love to be a blood donor, but being diabetic there's not really much of me they would want
.....your log cabin ..
Aileen
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-08-2005, 09:33 PM
I filled in the Donor Register on the Internet last night, I have a Donor Card and have filled in the bit on my Drivers licence. They are recommending the online register be filled in as well as carrying a card.

Aparently NHS staff can check the register should anything ever happen to you, although your next of kin still have to give the final say.

Like Steve I have asked for everything to be donated apart from my corneas. I have also let Graeme and my parents know what I would like to happen.

I also try to give blood every six months, although I missed the blood bus the last time it was at work, but i'll need to go and do it soon. My weight is never a problem though

This is the link to the online register:

https://www.uktransplant.org.uk/ukt/...o?campaign=860

It's on the site Steve has posted a link too, but means you don't have to call up. I think it is running in conjunction with the BBC DoNation series on TV.

It is a hard thing to talk about but I would definately encourage everyone to let your nearest and dearest know your wishes.

Aileen x
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »