Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-10-2012, 04:16 PM

International Space Station

Weather permitting the ISS will be visible from 7.57pm for approx 3 mins tonight ( Monday ). If you happen to live in Edinburgh, look SW and you should see a very bright, fast moving "star ", thats the station, if it has flashing lights, it's a plane.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-10-2012, 05:20 PM
This is THE MAIN LINK - the ISS is currently over Spain.

If you click on where it says 5 Day Predictions [on the right] it will pick up your IP and you will see a map with a "house" centred on where you are.

To the left of that map it shows Dates, Times etc for where you are, and if you click on "Show all passes" or "Show visible passes" it will show the projected pass over or near you.

I have seen the ISS ZARYA a few times now and am lucky enough to have a massive expanse of clear sky with no light pollution - and my reaction has always been the same...

..."WOW - there are people up there in that light that is slowly moving across the sky" - and it does seem to move slowly here because there are no buildings to block the skyline.

I hope you can see it.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2012, 05:51 PM
I love watching the space station going over. I know it's only a light in the sky to us but when you think there are people up there in that light, it's magic. Unfortunately it's cloudy here tonight.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2012, 06:48 PM
We frequently watch it sail serenely on it's way; it is sometimes so clear that you can actually see the "wings" or spars or whatever they are.

I always wonder what they are doing up there as they pass over in their little world
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-10-2012, 07:04 PM
Just watched it go past - fantastic clear view up here.

Had i known earlier I'd have got my tripod out and captured it as a white line tracking through the shot.

Unfortunately the first thing I found to hand was the bird table so the line on my photograph was more of a zig zag wiggle LOL