Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2012, 04:51 AM

Morning, morning, morning - Friday!

Morning all,

Yesterday was much, much better than Wednesday. I’m hoping today will be a reasonable one too, as I am just shattered. I’m sorely in need of a lie-in.

The early starts are killing me – it takes me ages to get out of the door and I don’t like to rush the Gingers on their walk, so I’m up at 5.15 - still, the overtime is always handy...... if I can stay awake long enough to spend it

Off to Tesco after work then quickly home for a yummy jacket spud – a Friday night tradition.

Have a great day, everyone, and stay safe.

Today’s gem:
My therapist has a waggy tail.
Angie1966
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-09-2012, 05:45 AM
Morning Vicki (and all that follow)

I'm finding it difficult to haul myself out of my pit too, the mornings seem to have become so dark sooo quickly!

I've had another hectic week, it's drained me mentally. It would be nice to think I could have a lovely relaxing weekend..............but sadly I don't thnk it is meant to be.

I've got a trip to make to Harrogate late tonight (about 70 miles round trip), I'll be the taxi driver for my OH tomorrow to take him to play rugby, then pick him and his drunken mates up at some unearthly hour to take them all home.

On Sunday I've got all my household jobs to do first thing in the morning, be at the stables for 11.00 am to meet the equine dentist, then hopefully I'll be able to make it to the GSDR group walk at 2.00 in Leeds.

Before I know it it'll be Monday morning again!

Oh well, no rest for the wicked as they say. I must have been a VERY naughty girl n a previous life!
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2012, 05:49 AM
Morning Vicki and all

You take care Vicki, don't overdo it!! At least it is the weekend and that means you can have a break (for some of us).

The gem is so true, I would be a gibbering wreck if I didn't have the dogs to keep me going and all that love that is showered on you, can't buy that can you.

Well it was a bit of a shock when I got to work yesterday, we were burgled! It appears to have been an inside job as the alarms were turned off, can't say too much more but an awful lot of damage was done and for the efforts hardly any reward. I had the company of a police officer all morning who was taking finger prints, and could only offer a limited service in the shop as we couldn't get everything out of the strong room because we would contaminate the crime scene.

It will be a bit strange after we close tonight as I will be putting up some Christmas decorations in the area we intend to start selling Santa tickets tomorrow, there may be some surprised faces!!

Have a good day all.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2012, 06:00 AM
Good Morning Cuz xxx

Friday it is, just waiting for the bathroom to be vacant then I need to get ready as training today.

Pat's on late shift so he is dog sitting although I think he maybe in for some exercise as Flower is a minx for taking stuff out of the house into the garden bless her

Bet she will be a dream for him you watch, she has been out this morning and taken herself back upstairs to lie by his side of the bed whats the betting she will stay there and let him have a lie in lucky git

Hope everyone and yourself have a great day xxx Morning folks
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2012, 06:17 AM
Morning Vicki and all,
Hectic day here. Charly has to nip into uni this morning to sort out some stuff ready for when they go back on the 8th oct, then her boyfriend is picking her up at 2pm and they are off to Devon for the weekend. He has a house there and she will also be getting to meet his family.
This morning I have to go and do mums shopping and then take it over and do her housework. My dad is ill in bed so will sort him out too. Then home, walk the dogs and off to work.
I'm looking forward to the following weekend for a complete rest as my dogs are going into kennels from the Sat. till the Monday to get them used to it again before their 10 day stay there in November for the worst of the fireworks that we get here.
They always get me up at 5am for their walk and toilet so it will be nice to have a couple of days where I can have a lie in, and no dog walks. Although I will really miss them, I really feel I need it.
Have a good day all and enjoy your day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-09-2012, 06:43 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all.

Enjoy your jacket spud this evening Vicki. Whats the betting you can't lie-in at the weekend ? Always happens here.

What a worry Gerri over the break in. I am not so sure people will be surprised over the christmas decs the cards have been in the shops round this way since mid August.
Angie I say the same I must of been extremely wicked in a past life.
Flowers sounds like one of the family now will she be a failed foster ? You and Pat are sounding very attached and its sounding like the feeling is mutual. She is a lucky girl to of found you even if she does only stay long enough to get better.
Charly's weekend sounds nice Bev. I know you will miss Kyiro and Lily next weekend but the rest will do you good.

I am hoping to meet a friend for lunch today but I left it a bit late waiting to see if funds would allow and she cannot let me know till 11.30 if she can make it. She helps look after her 3 Grandchildren. Never mind if she can't Gorden and I may pop out somewhere we could both do with a wander and a coffee out. I need to do something to relax today as I have to ring my brothers and make sure they want nothing from mums house as I am meeting the lady who is buying it Sunday to let her know what furniture she can have as far as I am concerned she can have it all saves me a lot of work.

I love that gem today and it is very true. Have a good day all.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2012, 07:03 AM
Morning Vicki and everyone

I can't wake up until 7.30 now but who cares when you don't have to go to work, I remember all those years ago, looking forward to these days when I was getting out of bed at 4 am and 5 am to get up and do that horse in the pouring rain, pitch black, so that I could get to work on time, and now they're here

You've worn me out Angie reading about your week-end ahead. That was a big surprise for you yesterday Gerry Steph, your Flower sounds so beautifully settled already, but then that's no surprise to me, and Bev I'm glad you're having a week-end break soon you more than need it. Glad to hear that house is sold then Lynn, that was quick wasn't it Very lucky in this climate, hope all goes smoothly there.

We've got our builder back now, aka Dave, and today he starts on the bootroom, and although the floor is half coming up it won't interfere with me, coz I've done all the washing, so won't need the washing machine or dryer, and he's not going into my new kitchen, yayyyy! I bought some walnut laminate out there, I don't want lino and I can't have carpet and it was on special offer, so I got it all for under £100 quid, result. It's a perfect match to the walnut wooden worktop we used in the kitchen, and it's the length he had left for out there, so hopefully, it'll look good with white cupboards and matching floor. I'm off out somewhere so he can get on with it on his own.

I can't get over how well Zena has been this past week, she's absolutely full of beans, so, so happy, she even did zoomies on me the other night when I got into bed, I had to hide under the covers for fear of getting injured lol! Makes for a pleasant change with the way she's been over the years.

Enjoy yours whatever you're up to
catsta2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-09-2012, 07:23 AM
Morning.....still in bed with a puppy besides me.
No plans for the day....might move to the sofa at some point.

Have a great day everyone
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-09-2012, 07:28 AM
'morning Vicki, Helena, everyone

Cool and overcast here, maybe rain is coming

Lovely gem today and so very true.

Have a good day all.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-09-2012, 08:54 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all.

Just buzzed across to the macolet for some peaches and apples for me [and to ask Avner to please cash a cheque as I am expecting Nir to come and do some work both inside and outside, as although he is happy with a cheque I prefer to pay cash], and came back with a bag of slightly wrinkled red and orange sweet peppers for Pereg! Oh, and some slightly wrinkly apples for her as well!

I am sure that dog eats better than I do!

Weekend coming up so I hope everyone enjoys it, whatever they have planned.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >