Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2012, 06:33 PM

Fish4Dogs update

Following on from concerns about the new salmon mousse, etc. I emailed Fish4dogs and received a very informative and helpful reply back.

Basically, they were forced to change manufacturers due to the fact that their original ones took on a very large contract for human salmon products and decided to ditch the pet food. The new suppliers are working very hard to get it right, and they accept that the first batches were far too sloppy....this should be rectified with almost immediate effect. Also, the change in colour etc is because they are using much more of the salmon flesh, as opposed to the head, but there is nothing else different, i.e. no other additives other than the 1% seaweed which was in the original recipe. So that is good news.

Also, the thinner skinny strips are being investigated.

As to the kibble.......the only thing that they envisage being changed with that, is that they might add peas to provide a more balanced glycaemic index. I know that this doesn't help you Helena with your large bite kibble......not at all sure what they would say about that