Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2012, 05:05 AM

Good morning to you! - Thursday!

Morning all,

I’m having a bit of grief at work at the moment

It came to a head yesterday, and I told the top guy a few home truths. I also told him I didn’t want to work under my current line manager anymore (the man is a twonk) and that he should find me a different manager or I would report to him direct. He said ok, but I’m not sure if he’s just humouring me..... for his sake, I hope not!

Today had better be an improvement, as I just ain’t in the mood..........

Anyhoo.....

Have a great day, everyone, and stay safe

Today's gem:
Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning. — Bill Gates
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-06-2012, 05:33 AM
Awwww (((hugs))) Vicki I hope things work out better today.

Sunny here again today. So another nice morning walk hopefully. I have a Tesco delivery coming between 10 and 12 then I may pop over to Brentwood to get Gill and see mum and get this social service visit over and done with. I was meant to be having a break this week but we have to do it sometime so may as well get it out of the way.
Mums friend went to see her yesterday and said mum is now saying she wants to go home. She says they are taking her to the bathroom in a wheelchair. Something I want to speak to them about. Hey ho happy days.

I like the gem today. Have a good day all.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2012, 06:17 AM
HUGS Cuz xxxxx

Hope things improve at work hun.

Have been there myself this week and had a long ''chat'' to the Director of the agency I work for.....he's arranging a meeting with Him, me and my Link worker so I have my list of moans ready

Morning All have a great day folks xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2012, 06:23 AM
Morning Vicki, Lynn, Steph and everyone

Oh dear, sounds like work has really upset you Vicki, so good luck with the requested change, it's very unlike you to get this worked up about something at work, so it must be serious.

Good luck with the social workers today Lynn, it's a never ending saga isn't it, but hopefully, you can get something sorted for the better.

Oh what a glorious day, not a cloud in the sky, just the plane contrails. I won't hold my breath coz I know what's heading our way for tonight, yet another rainstorm and rain all week-end.

Dave will be home tonight so I'm cooking a nice curry to celebrate. Yesterday I cleaned all the outside of the conservatory coz it was very dull and dirty, and yes I used the hose coz our ban is now lifted, and today I'm going to wash all the windows outside around the front.

I'm going back in the woods for my morning walk as it hasn't rained for 2 days so hopefully, it will have dried out a tad, it dries out very quickly in there. Tomorrow we have to both go and meet our new doctor, and even though we have an appointment, I notice it's a queue system they have down there, so I'm hoping they don't keep us waiting with the rest of 'em otherwise I'll be walking out! I don't see why we have to go anyway, we're not ill, we just want to be registered, but hey ho.

Enjoy yours whatever you're up to
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2012, 06:39 AM
Morning Vicki, Lynn, Steph and all,

I hope your work situation improves Vicki, my job is looking very vulnerable atm, a big meeting is taking place next week to decide where we are (if we are) going. The lease runs out on the land and the FC have their own ideas of what should be happening.

I am off to my cousins later to take him out for lunch, my sister is coming with us today. I was hoping to cut the grass but doesn't look likely weather wise.

I hope your sw meeting goes well Lynn and that they actually listen to you this time.

The sun has gone in here H, I am planning a walk in the woods but looks like we might get wet!

Have a good day all.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2012, 06:54 AM
Good morning all.

It's horribly grey and drizzling here, but it's supposed to brighten up to sunshine later on. Flaming June, eh

I'm so glad that I don't work any more. I feel for you, I really do. I had a fantastic job for 10 years then the owner retired and his son took over. After six months my dream job turned into a nightmare and I left to find another job. It did me a favour in the long run because I didn't like the new job so it gave me the push to go full time with the dog training and do a college degree. Out of all the negatives, there's always a positive somewhere

Yesterday's new crop of bites are itching like mad this morning and, as we've had rain overnight with sunshine to come, I guess I'll probably be adding to them today. The chemists is high on the list of priorities when we go out to get some form of repellent to put the little devils off.

Ah well, onwards and upwards. Enjoy whatever you're up to today. Good luck with work those of you having problems and with the meeting Lynn - hope you get something sorted.

Stay safe all.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2012, 08:09 AM
Morning all! Good luck for better things to all those of you having horrible 'work related' problems. They are the sort of problems that hit you every day after you wake up and have to go there again.

Like Brierly I've had good things come out of a decision to make a brave move and get out of jobs I hated or that were boring me to death. Life's too short to spend that many hours a day somewhere that is soul destroying and stressing you out.

Now that I'm working p/t from CHOICE (continued after pensionable age) I find myself in a situation and a job where I've probably got guaranteed work for as many hours as I like for ever!

Would that it were ever that way when I was depending on the money to keep a roof over our heads and food in our stomachs!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-06-2012, 08:20 AM

Morning Vicki, morning all. I am another one who is so glad not to have to work any more, although I would have preferred to carry on earning for a good few years and not had my working life cut short as it was, but hey ho I am well past retiring age now so who knows where I would be now if things had been different?

Missed the doctor again this morning - my neighbour informed me yesterday afternoon that someone would be coming at 9am to [a] fix the wall tile back beside the little handbasin [it fell off the wall nearly a month ago] and [b] re-lay a couple of wobbly floor tiles in the back room [for the third or fourth time in the last 11 years].

He actually turned up at 8.30am but by the time he had a look, went off to get tile sticking stuff, came back to fix that, had a look at the floor tiles, went off to get floor tile fixing stuff, came back to fix those, stood gossiping...

...surgery was finished!

Hope everything goes OK for everyone today.

Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-06-2012, 09:17 AM
'morning Vicki and all above

Hope things at work get a bit better today Vicki, I know the feeling and I'm grateful that I don't work full time now and when I do it's over the internet and I am my own boss, looks like I'll only retire when they stick me in that box and lower it into the ground

It still looks like there's aload of rain heading to southern England, hope none of you get flooded and that your day works out as you intended.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2012, 10:16 AM
Morning all,
I am making the most of the nice weather today as its all change tonight as yet more wind and rain hit us.
I was up early and out for a nice walk with the dogs. At Tesco by 7am to do my mums shopping, fed the dogs and then over to mums. My dad is not looking good health wise at all and my mum is struggling so I have pout lots of cards in local shops near them to try and get an exchange so I can be nearer and pop in daily.
Vicki I hope things improve at work and lynn I hope you and Gill get somewhere today too.
Take care all and enjoy your day.