Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Louie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2005, 07:38 AM

Raspberry leaf

Has anyone used this for their girls during pregnancy? I have just bought some for Holly and was wondering if it might help her when she starts to whelp. (A traditional herbal remedy for the symptomatic relief of problems associated with whelping and kittening and an aid in the prevention of pseudo-pregnancy in dogs and cats. Due to its action as a uterine tonic, this well known birth aid has been used for hundreds of years to help ensure an easy and straightforward delivery. Many bitches and queens who have previously experienced problems have subsequently had normal easy births with the aid of this tablet. The tablets should be given from the third week of gestation and continued until one week after delivery to help ensure complete afterbirth expulsion.

Raspberry Leaf tablets are effective in the prevention of phantom pregnancy. Bitches who are prone to this condition should be given the recommended preventative dose from the first sign of coming into season and continued for twelve weeks as a preventative measure.)
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2005, 08:31 AM
My girls have had this with every pregnancy, so I can't say for sure if it helped or not as I've never not used it, if that makes any sense......lol. But one things for sure, it never did any harm,

I give it from the 3rd week of pregnancy until 1 week post whelping.
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

11-08-2005, 08:43 AM
Yes I used it for my last litter for the first time & Gwen had 10 pups in just over 2hrs Plain sailing no prbs & also noticed hardly any mess. Had 3 litters before that I never used it & they were very long whelpings I`d defo use it again if I breed again
I started her on it it early as well.
Hiya boi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-08-2005, 09:14 AM
Yes I used it on Teegan and she had no problems
The tablets should be given from the third week of gestation and continued until one week after delivery to help ensure complete afterbirth expulsion
However you must make sure they are the dog strength ones and not the human ones as I have read instances where giving the wrong one caused the pups to abort
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2005, 09:30 AM
I get mine from Dorwest Herbs
Louie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2005, 09:34 AM
Suppose its a little bit late in the day to start giving it but will anyway. The raspberry leaf i bought is from canine chemists and it is a liquid concentrate, says to give between five and 30 drops per day depending on weight. I,ll give them a ring because instructions really aren,t that clear. Thanks
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

11-08-2005, 01:29 PM
Hi Louie, you need to know what Ive heard about the stuff you have. Someojne from another board used the liquid you have & her bitch had a terrible time, she pm`d me & told me in private. She was recommended to use it by another breeder who`d used it for yrs+yrs & while this woman knew a great deal she wasn`t qualified. The vet blamed the r/berry leaf It sounds very much like what you have, liquid, instructions not v clear, place you bought etc etc.
For myself I`ve used herbs & ther/berry with great success but I have books & buy from places that have qualified herbalists on site, there products are excellent quality etc
Heres where I get mine from
http://www.hiltonherbs.com/products....80884&catID=18
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2005, 01:33 PM
i was going to ask the same question today
i never know you had to start them so early, i was thinking about getting some from the health shop but that would be for us, is there any where on line i can order it for dogs?? i know its a little later than it says bit im sure it would help a little
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2005, 02:38 PM
I give my girls wheatgerm oil from before their seasons start up to 3 weeks after mating , then from 3 weeks post mating till 1 week after whelping the raspberry leaf. I get mine from Dorwest Herbs http://www.dorwest.com/
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2005, 02:52 PM
thats a good site thanks CC and i now know about the wheatgerm oil for the next time.
i did find a diffrent site that i orderd my raspberry leaf from its a little cheeper than the1 you use http://woof.ds831.dedicated.turbodns.co.uk/ i went a bit made lol so sshh dont tell my OH
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >