Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2012, 05:39 AM

Very strange curtains......

I ordered some really nice, faux silk, curtains for our new house last week, in a beautiful mink colour, looked really nice on the website picture on Dunelms, pintucked and eyelet for our new rods.

As I unpacked them I realised I had ordered the wrong drops in the longer ones, so out of 3 pairs, only one actually fitted in my bedroom, so rang them about returning the other 2 pairs for a 90" drop and re-ordered again online. They're then going to be toooo long, so I'll have to get them taken up at the shop

Anyhoo, Once I'd hung these curtains, I noticed how very thick and "bulky" they are, they don't hang like a nice, silky pair of curtains, they're more like a merangue dress out of the gypsy weddings, so I investigated them from behind. They are lined with this very strange, thick, fleecy material on the inside of the cotton backing which lies against the curtain itself??? What's that all about then, anyone know?? If I had ordered blackout curtains I might have understood, but I didn't, these were in their normal range, and anyways, blackout linings aren't anything like this stuff anyway I don't think they're ever going to hang quite right, they're too thick, especially as they're eyelet ones, but then again, they'd be even worse gathered they'd be ballooning out into my bedroom and suffocating me in bed lol!

I've messaged Dunelms this morning coz I have yet another pair of smaller ones arriving Monday when they come to collect these other 2 pairs I'm returning, plus I've got 2 MORE pairs due to arrive which were ordered yesterday, so this is turning into a curtain nightmare now, I was even dreaming them last night

Why does it only happen to me, I just wanted a pair of "normal" bladdy curtains, well, not just one pair, but 5 pairs in all coz I want the same colour scheme here as everything is white, they work well with the new hall colour. Hey ho, my neighbour owns a curtain shop, so I'll be popping down there next week to have something made up in my odd sizes, and I'll be asking her about this weird lining I've got here, but just wondered if you'd ever come across it and could enlighten me perhaps??? Oh lordy, as if I hadn't had enough stress, even curtains are out to get me!!!
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2012, 05:47 AM
Lol, you don't do things easily do you.
Lulusmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-05-2012, 05:53 AM
It ever rains but it pours doesn't it. What a nightmare. Sometimes when you order things online you are really pleased and other times items are just not what you expected, then you have to go through all the hassle of getting them returned. I like Dunelms but I always go to the store because I know they dont have all their stock online.
Hope you get things sorted quickly without too much aggrevation.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2012, 05:55 AM
I'm jinxed aren't I!!! I don't want this place known as the big, fat, gypsy curtain house though do I!!! Nor do I wanna be suffocated in the night, they're scaring me now everytime I look at them in my bedroom!!!!
Lulusmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-05-2012, 06:10 AM
LOL, you may get a tv series out of it.
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2012, 07:41 AM
must be thermal padding to keep the warm in????????
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-05-2012, 07:58 AM
have you read the packaging H, sounds like you have bought insulated curtains ??

Had to laugh though............only you
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2012, 09:36 AM
Could only happen to you........just gotta luv ya!!!!
xxxx
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-05-2012, 09:53 AM
H, just looked on the website, and you have bought "thermal" curtains .....
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2012, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
H, just looked on the website, and you have bought "thermal" curtains .....
Ooooer Worse things have happened 'ere!!!! I liked the colour though, it's exactly what I wanted in the lounge......but now they're in my bedroom coz that's the only place they fit (look nice though against the white walls!) Hmmmm, I wonder if they do "normal" ones like this though???!!! Mind you, normal definitely wouldn't fit in this house would it!!!!

Finished the hallways, that's in this colour too only a tad lighter, looks great with me new lights out there. 2nd coat coming later on after nanny nap
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >