Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Flipspark
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-05-2012, 11:50 AM

Why does she keep peeing in the house?

Hi there, im at a bit of a loss at the moment.

We have recentley moved into our new house, our little Roxi seemed to settle right away. And last week, we took her to be spayed and seven days later she is bouncing around like her usual self. However!! All of the sudden outta the blue she has started peeing everywhere, even tho we let her out and never let her back in till she has done her business. I dont understand, we curbed this within the first few weeks of her being with us. She always barks at the door whenever she needs to go out, Its so out of character for her.

Is it something we are doing wrong? Please help and let me know what i can do.

Many Thanks Phill & Sarah.
BeagleBella
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-05-2012, 12:01 PM
I would maybe suggest going back to the basics again. Whereby you let her out, and so much praise when she goes out etc.

Another thing may be 'territorial'. I have personally found my female dog, who is now fully house trained, will wee on things if she can smell another dog. For example, when we go to our mums, my mum has a pillow and a blanket for Bella and my sisters JRT when he visits. Bella will always do a tiny little wee on his blanket, as if to say 'mine'.

I have also heard moves etc can be quite stressful for dogs too. So she may seem settled, but may not be 100% yet.

Just a few ideas?! I'm sure you will get loads of help on here though xxx
Bella2012
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-05-2012, 01:27 PM
have you had her checked over by vet? wondering if so soon after the op if she might have an infection? or like others have said maybe just the stress of the move?
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2012, 02:17 PM
Spay incontinence? I`d have a word with the vet.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2012, 05:55 PM
The fact that she has recently been spayed I would suggest that it is something to do with the op. I had a similar problem with my little lhasa and it turned out that she had a bruised bladder from the op.

I would certainly ask the vet as it could also be an infection as someone has already mentioned on here.