Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-04-2012, 09:33 AM

A question about worm pills

Until now Pereg has always had Drontal Plus, as supplied by the Vet. There is no heartworm or lungworm here and Drontal Plus has been the wormer of choice, although my Vet does also have Advantage and possibly another one for people who want them.

However, when Pereg went on Thursday for her boosters, blood tests, and her half-yearly wormers, he gave her two capsules from a bottle marked "PAP" - which said on the label [if I can read my writing]

Prazinquantel 50
Albendazole 200
Pyrantel Pamoate 144

I cannot find any wormer called "PAP" although that was definitely on the label, and apparently that is now the wormer of choice for my Vets.

I just wondered if anyone has heard of it?

Pereg has shown no reaction, and I know they would not have changed her from Drontal Plus if there was any concern about the new wormer, but I would really like to know if anyone actually knows what it is?
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-04-2012, 07:25 AM
Just had a look on the website here in Spain and found it... yes, they use it as a de-wormer.. have not heard about it either, so can not say anything else about it. http://parasitosdelganado.net/index....90&Itemid=2043
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-04-2012, 07:46 AM
Thanks Eva - I do not know Spanish but it is reasonably easy to understand. The amounts of Albendazole are different and there is no mention of Pyrantel Pamoate, but I doubt it makes much difference to the effectiveness.

The most important thing is that thankfully Pereg did not have any reaction to it.