Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
D00bie
New Member!
Male 

21-04-2012, 09:33 AM

Thinking of changing from JWB to Fish4dogs

Hi, sorry if this questions been done before.

I currently feed Jake James Wellbeloved kibble, which he seems to enjoy. I have been looking at fish4dogs, which would 'appear' to be a better quality food, with more health benefits.

I have tried some F4D samples, which he enjoys, so I am considering changing over (I am also adding a teaspoon of salmon oil to his evening tea also)

I am questioning however, is Fish4dogs actually any better for my dog than the James Wellbeloved, or am I faffing about unnecessarily, after all, it it ain't broke, why fix it ?

Thanks for any opinions
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2012, 10:46 AM
Personally I think F4D is a better food than JWB.

Without looking at the packet I cannot guarantee I'm right but I think JWB has around 26% meat whereas F4D has 55-60%. JWB has a couple of grain sources like rice and barley where F4D is grain free as it uses potato which is a starch.

You can get it on PetSupermarket which works out to about £36 for 12kg. Pets at home do a very similar food called fishmongers which is £30 for 10kg so works out the same price per kg if you prefer not to shop on line.

I feed my dog these kibbles as I think apart from foods like Orijen or some of the wet foods which work out very expensive its about the best you will do without feeding raw.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2012, 06:22 PM
I feed "Barking Heads" which I think is similar to Fish for dogs. Barking Heads uses proper meat/fish and not meat/fish meal which I think James Well-belloved uses?

Barking Heads is a small company and I think the food is reasonably priced for the quality.