Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2012, 08:43 PM

What is your diet like?

Just generally I mean. Do you try and eat a 'balanced' diet? do you think you eat enough fruits/vegetables? do you cook all your meals from scratch or do you binge on junk and ready meals?

I think generally my diet is somewhat balanced, but I am also aware that I eat a lot of junk food. I definitely do not eat enough fruit and have a bit of a passion for crisps, bread, chocolate, biscuits and sweets.
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2012, 08:52 PM
In general we have apretty decent diet, eat a lot of chicken and salad

I cook everything from scratch - even Spaghetti Bolognese I make my own sauce as I'm allergic to fresh and plum tomatoes but can eat ketchup and soup So I make the sauce with a tomato soup base

I don't really like chocolate, I sometimes fancy some but a big bar will last me months
Crisps and nuts are my downfall Oh yeah and pizza, kebabs, chinese takeaway and burgers
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2012, 08:59 PM
My diet is pretty bad. Not horrendous, but not good either. I am just very lazy and have a taste for cheap food. Plus an aversion to vegetables which stems from childhood. I need to sort it out before my metabolism catches up with me!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2012, 09:04 PM
I can't stand most veg so it's usually just processed peas and with fruit it just tends to be strawberries (when in season and cheap) and grapes (usually when they are on special offer).

I'm a picky eater and, unfortunately, the foods I enjoy eating aren't healthy at all.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2012, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by Baileys Blind View Post
In general we have apretty decent diet, eat a lot of chicken and salad

I cook everything from scratch - even Spaghetti Bolognese I make my own sauce as I'm allergic to fresh and plum tomatoes but can eat ketchup and soup So I make the sauce with a tomato soup base

I don't really like chocolate, I sometimes fancy some but a big bar will last me months
Crisps and nuts are my downfall Oh yeah and pizza, kebabs, chinese takeaway and burgers
Ohh, I forgot about nuts. Honey roast peanuts are heavenly...I just make sure I don't look at the calorie count before eating the whole packet.

I have a passion for takeaways too, although I limit it to one a week.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2012, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
I can't stand most veg so it's usually just processed peas and with fruit it just tends to be strawberries (when in season and cheap) and grapes (usually when they are on special offer).

I'm a picky eater and, unfortunately, the foods I enjoy eating aren't healthy at all.
Hmm, I don't mind cooked veg as part of an evening meal...that is the only way I get a good veg intake. If the meal doesn't have cooked veg I'll usually have a salad with it.

I'm with you on the fruit though. The only ones I enjoy are strawberries, apples, grapes and bananas. Most others I would only eat as part of a fruit salad, smothered in cream to hide the taste!
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2012, 09:18 PM
We tend to cook our food from scratch and I would says it's reasonably healthy. I don't' make an effort to eat healthily, we just do.

I do like my junk but we have it in moderation.

Helen
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2012, 09:24 PM
Forced into a slightly better diet by buying a house, can't afford all the takeaways we used to have! Also having to cut costs of food so cooking stuff from scratch and bulking out meat-based meals with veg, beans, lentils, etc. which also makes it healthier. We don't eat enough veggies though so I'm trying to up the veg content, winter is good for having warm casseroles and stuff so I've been adding in extra veggies, putting more peppers in our fajitas than chicken, grating carrot into bologneses etc. to sneak it in (not that OH dislikes veggies but he wouldn't tend to have them out of choice, he's more a baked beans man!)
I like fruit but I hate how hit and miss the quality is when you're paying a lot for it. Wasted so much money buying a pack of satsumas or a bag of grapes only for them to be too bitter or tangy, at least a packet of crisps or a chocolate bar are more consistant in flavour!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2012, 09:30 PM
I think our diet is quite healthy and is quite traditional (lots of meat and two veg). I make an effort to make our meals from scratch as I prefer home-cooked food and also want my son to have a healthy diet.

I love most veg and eat loads (raw and cooked) and like most fruit too but don't eat enough (seem to eat lots of apples and strawberries!).

My downfall are crisps and kids sweets though!

ETA: Living in the sticks is a double edged sword as all the takeaways are too far away to deliver and so we don't often have takeout, as it is a real faff to drive out for one. Good as it is healthier, but bad because sometimes I just fancy a pizza or a chinese!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

14-02-2012, 10:05 PM
Veg every day
Salad every day
Meat everyday
Calcium & Vit D every day (Rice Dream)
Gluten Free
Lactose Free
Sugar Free

But that's only cos I have no choice - having anything 'artificially flavoured' or high in 'bad' fats puts me out for days.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »