Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Erethras
New Member!
Female 

07-12-2011, 05:57 AM

9 week old puppy -American cocker Spaniel

Hello all,

I am glad I found this website browsing on the internet for some behavioural problems. We just got our puppy last week. We are so happy, she is the cutest dog ever. She is so smart, with a very accentuated personality. She already manifests when she's upset and would carry it on until she forgets about it.
I am new to this dog thing, but this would make my husband's third puppy in his lifetime. I hope I can find help here. I would be glad to provideinformation of any sort although I don't consider myself a dog expert of any sort.

Nice meeting you all! I am so looking forward to browsing the threads!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2011, 07:03 AM
Erethras
New Member!
Female 

07-12-2011, 07:21 AM
Hello Vicky and Lenon,

Thank you for the warm welcoming!
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2011, 08:00 AM
Hello and welcome, dont forget to put some piccies on!
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2011, 08:08 AM
Fellow cocker spaniel owner here ^^
welcome to the forum hope it helps with your problems!

They are fiesty little things arnt they??
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2011, 08:59 AM
Welcome but -
perhaps you could start a different thread and explain what an accentuated personality is please? And what you mean by manifests? You lost me after Hello....
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2011, 09:09 AM
Ooooh Welcome!

An American Cocker Spaniel! How Glam! What colour? I love the buff ones.

One of the dogs on my list of "love the idea of owning one but not the reality" (cos of all that grooming), I think they are the most gorgeous breeds ever, I just could not cope with all that hair!

FABULOUS dahling, Absolutely Fabulous.

(Sorry but I have not seen an American Cocker in the flesh for a while)
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-12-2011, 10:08 AM
Hello Erethras smile: ,
A warm welcome to Dogsey,
the friendly site for doglovers everywhere.
We are delighted to have you with us.
If you need help with posting pictures,
or with anything on Dogsey, please Click Here

Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2011, 05:37 AM
Erethras
New Member!
Female 

08-12-2011, 05:53 AM
Well, hello everybody! Thanks @smokeybear, @ClaireandDaisy, @pippam, @Rolosmum, and @Minihaha for the warm welcome!

@Rolosmum, hello to you too! I will post the pictures as soon as I follow the instructions (I always fail to post those pictures using the link).

@pippam, oh yes, this breed is feisty. It is very surprising the intensity of her acts at such a young age… tremendously sweet, tenaciously crisp if applicable. Amazing! That is actually why I joined the forum, I need to know that her acts are regular for the breed haha.

@ClaireandDaisy, sorry if I lost you. As you can tell English is not my first language and sometimes I fail to put my thoughts in order… I would say I do that in my mother language as well, however. I thought it would be quite petulant opening a whole thread regarding my dog. I have spent some time going through older threads trying to find some of my dog’s behaviours that startle me. But, you are right, I should open one to focus particular on her.

@Smokeybear, thanks for the excitement! Julie is black colourl. She’s got a little dash of white in her breast. Of course, she’s got the sweetest face, plus she’s so clever! I don’t understand why you would be worried about the hair. She’s got not that much hair right now (of course, she’s still a puppy). But still, my experience on older Cockers do not show any other trouble regarding the hair rather than having hair all sticked to your clothes. But almost all dog breeds have this problem with the hair, don’t they? Go ahead and give it a try! They are so lovely!

@Minihaha, I will definitely will look up the link. Again, I am a disaster publishing picture son forums! Thanks again for the warming welcome! =)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >