Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-11-2011, 10:18 PM

Christopher Jeffries.....the Levinson Inquiry

Remember this guy?
The tabloids slurred him and implied he must have killed Jo Yates, his neighbour, last Xmas.

All this because he was a bit of a middle man with long hair.

He was innocent, of course.

He was at the Levinson Inquiry into press standards today

Wasnt there some oddbod on here whom reckoned they had second sight or something and he looked fishy, it must have been him?
Or is that my memory playing tricks on me?
If so, i wonder what that member or others like them feel about just be suckered in by what is now proven to be corrupt nasty scumbag tabloids?
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2011, 05:46 PM
Hmm, the tabloids targeted him because he was arrested in the Jo yates investigation (and rightly so based on evidence at the time)...I dont agree with alot of what the tabloids say about people, but some of what was reported was the truth.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-11-2011, 06:19 PM
no the tablets pegged him as an old funny oddbod with funny long hair, he must be guilty then.

it was all the rage at the time, it was 'he looks fishy brigade'.
im sure their was even a thread on here with a couple members who flogged this line.

this was all over and above the police arresting him for 'evidence at the time', the reporting of which did not stop at these facts.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-11-2011, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
no the tablets pegged him as an old funny oddbod with funny long hair, he must be guilty then.

it was all the rage at the time, it was 'he looks fishy brigade'.
im sure their was even a thread on here with a couple members who flogged this line.

this was all over and above the police arresting him for 'evidence at the time', the reporting of which did not stop at these facts.
Hindsight is something none of us are blessed with, and from the beginning of time we have judged others for not "fitting" the box we see as normal.

Witch hunting has been going on for centuries, long before tabloids were around.

Tabloids like the wide web is today's way of outing those we see as different.

Rightly or wrongly!!!
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-11-2011, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Hindsight is something none of us are blessed with, and from the beginning of time we have judged others for not "fitting" the box we see as normal.

Witch hunting has been going on for centuries, long before tabloids were around.

Tabloids like the wide web is today's way of outing those we see as different.

Rightly or wrongly!!!
completely true

i note that even dog forums are tabloid from time to time.
we should still fight against it though, at the time, not just in hindsight.
*if* my brain is working right and we did have a thread at the time, i remember one very intelligent member calling out another for basing their 'guilt' of levinson on his 'fishy looks'. said person tried to then convince they had a sort of mystical skill for these things

but then again, that could have been a different forum.

i know christopher jeffries started proceedings a couple months back suing a couple tabloids, seems like he has a good case.

people should think for themselves.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-11-2011, 09:38 AM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
completely true

i note that even dog forums are tabloid from time to time.
we should still fight against it though, at the time, not just in hindsight.
*if* my brain is working right and we did have a thread at the time, i remember one very intelligent member calling out another for basing their 'guilt' of levinson on his 'fishy looks'. said person tried to then convince they had a sort of mystical skill for these things

but then again, that could have been a different forum.

i know christopher jeffries started proceedings a couple months back suing a couple tabloids, seems like he has a good case.

people should think for themselves.
If only..........human nature dictates otherwise.

Some people will be influenced some of the time, some all of the time and some will think for themselves, its the way its always been and always will..

If you took tabloids away tomorrow it wont change!!