Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 08:33 AM

Incision 3 weeks after spay

Mya got spayed 3 weeks ago today, no problems at all with her wound etc up til now, I've been checking it daily and yesterday I noticed a tiny lump in the middle of her scar, it appears to be healing nicely just a tiny lump, this morning I checked it and she had dried fluid stuff on her tummy so it looks like it has been weeping.
Also she's got bad diarrhoea, do you think this is related?
She snaffled some cat poo yesterday so I thought the diarrhoea might be that but now I'm worried
Waiting for the vets to open so I can speak to the nurse, but has anyone else had this?
Typically she is due at the vets on monday for her booster and kennel cough vacc but I have a feeling we will also be going in tonight for it to be checked.
Such a shame as she's had no probs at all with it and hasn't even bothered it in the slightest.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 08:36 AM
My last darling dog (cavvy) had problems with her spaying incision - it was a bit lumpy and felt hot. They treated her for infection. They also said that her body was reacting badly to the invisible stitches material?

She recovered quickly.

My present dog ALSO had a small problem. Just one little lump. Vet said bit of a stitch. That again cleared up quickly and it is invisible now.

Take her to the vet.
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 08:41 AM
thank you, just spoken to the vet nurse, I've got her in this evening she booked her in with the vet to check it over she mentioned it may be a slight reaction to the internal stitches so will se what the vet says.
Poor baby, wish they could talk sometimes
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 08:47 AM
Not sure I wish my min pin could talk - took me long enough to stop her constant barking when I got her! However I definitely sometimes wish I knew 'what they were thinking'!
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 08:50 AM
haha sounds a character
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 02:40 PM
typical now I've managed to check it in real daylight it looks fine but still going to get it checked. Trying to check a wriggly dogs tummy is not good, getting whacked in the face by a waggy tail Not sure they will do her boosters though with her having a dodgy bum...never mind, next week for that
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 07:01 PM
Well back from vets Myas got infection bottom of wound is oozing so 7 days antibiotics and has to go back next fri. She couldn't have her boosters due to the infection. Poor baby hope she's gonna be ok positive vibes please x
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-11-2011, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by Fred&Mya'smum View Post
Well back from vets Myas got infection bottom of wound is oozing so 7 days antibiotics and has to go back next fri. She couldn't have her boosters due to the infection. Poor baby hope she's gonna be ok positive vibes please x
Aww, poor bubby, poor Mya - both my two had perfect healing spay wounds - and neither even had a pain-killer let alone any ABs. So poor Mya must be so unlucky and here's hoping the ABs clear up the infection pdq.

Lots of {{{vibes}}} and ear twiddles for the girl. xx
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 11:47 PM
That happened to one of ours too. xx
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2011, 08:25 AM
Poor Mya - now she is on antibiotics I'm sure the wound site will sort itself out. I often think it's a shame that dogs can't talk - she has probably been feeling a tad unwell with the infection and she could have told you!!!!

My late lhasa was very, very intolerant of pain and she was dreadful after being spayed. She was a real character but a frightful wous and I still miss her terribly. Out walking one day she stopped and held a front paw up - I brushed my hand under her paw thinking that she may have a twig or something on it (knowing how pathetic she could be) and my hand was promptly covered in dog poo!!! She had obviously trodden in some and really didn't like it - I can assure you I didn't either So if dogs could talk it would be a lot easier!!

Positive vibes for Mya
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >