Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2011, 10:28 PM

WOW - fireworks

I am so impressed - I cant think of anything I have done to get the credit for this - but w hat a change in Mia

Last year in the run up to fireworks night Mia was a poor scared puppy
Most often found hidden in the smallest darkest place in the house

Tonight we have had quite a display

Currently Mia is fast asleep at my feet looking chilled and content
She heard the fireworks and took herself off to bed - but not in a scared way
But now she is looking so lovely and relaxed

I am so happy to see the change in her

and the past 2 days she has made a whole load of doggy friends without any reactions at all - she even put up with a dog screaming at her without her doing anything more than showing her teeth, going into a play bow then coming to me when called

No idea how she has suddenly become a chilled polite dog -but Im not complaining
Good girl!
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2011, 10:29 PM
wow way to go mia xxxx
astle9
Dogsey Senior
Male 

05-11-2011, 07:53 AM
you are the key i reckon, out of my 3 only 1 has a fear of fireworks and she was brilliant last night, the reason why is that i just chilled out, no DAP, no shelters, no hugs because one had gone off, no nothing indeed just a normal evening in the house, yes she was scared of course she was we live 200 yards from a proper professionally organised event and some were loud indeed very loud, she lay on the settee looking at me but i did not respond and she settled, relaxed and even closed her eyes which compared to last year when she was running around the house terrified was an amazing difference.
Sometimes the solution is closer than most people realise.
tilskie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-11-2011, 09:45 AM
It was my dogs first night with fireworks last night, they were both ok with them, Fergus starting barking to start with nut like astle I took no notice just carried on with what I was doing and he settled down and ignored the rest
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2011, 01:08 PM
Well Done Mia!

Jake has done the opposite... he was fine in the run up to the fireworks, but the last 4 days he has been freaking out when he hears them if he is outside... in the house, he doesn't bother too much though... he has been fine the last two years, and hasn't batted an eye... but, this year he is different.