Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2011, 06:45 AM

Discrete shift in structure

Well its been almost a week since our 'Special Lady' left our side. Thankfully Pat left me to 'auto pilot' ie the feeding, but he's been seeing to the dogs needs really, which I was so glad about TBH I felt bad about it but as much as I love them I just found it hard to function on them on walks etc as I tended to go off in my own thoughts.........often finding myself walking aimlessly about whilst he was busy watching them
Anyway everyone has always thought Skye would try to be top dog once Reah left, I can see why too as Skye had such a real bond with Reah being allowed by Reah to do anything Reah did.

Well Brucie ''stud muffin' you had them all fooled didn't you lad very discretely he has superseded the head of the pack he took to giving grumbles and a slight lip lift over Reah's place's and now even Mojo who got away with everything has to ask permission.
The girls seem happy enough to leave this with him, Mojo got a telling off for biting his tail yesterday...nothing major just an air snap, but its the first time he has told her off in a year He has taken the ''Reah chair'' and they have to ask to get on it just as they did with the old girl, and I seen to have a brand new shadow in my life........Tess, who has taken to following me about and lying near where Im working.

Everyone has noticed, friends, family and even Pat who asked yesterday....is he head now to which I said....''looks like it''

Im glad they have sorted out who's who and where and its been done so diplomatically
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2011, 06:51 AM
I love the way dogs seem to adjust to circumstances surrounding them

So pleased for you that your pack has settled into orderly fashion Do you think I could borrow one to sort my 3 out? They STILL haven't figured out who is boss, its a close call between Sasi & Khal though

I have to say my OH looked after Ruby after our princess went to the bridge, I couldn't function either. It just felt wrong for a few days if that makes sense?

xxxxxxxxx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2011, 06:57 AM
Originally Posted by Rubster View Post
I love the way dogs seem to adjust to circumstances surrounding them

So pleased for you that your pack has settled into orderly fashion Do you think I could borrow one to sort my 3 out? They STILL haven't figured out who is boss, its a close call between Sasi & Khal though

I have to say my OH looked after Ruby after our princess went to the bridge, I couldn't function either. It just felt wrong for a few days if that makes sense?

xxxxxxxxx
I know what you mean, I broke so many times by not concentrating, seemed to have droppsies thankfully the dogs have decided and it was done in a quiet manner, funny thinking back Bruce always submitted to Reah, mouthing her for her approval, so I think she would approve about this