Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
The Grocer
New Member!
Male 

01-10-2011, 04:45 PM

28 dogs poisoned in rescue kennels

Greece is governed by the same laws as the rest of the EU when it comes to animal care / cruelty yet all too often it chooses to ignore these laws.....I would ask you to view my latest blog entry at:-

Some time back on my blog I told you about the danger me and my canine friends risk in Greece with poison being laid on open land to kill us....well things have hit a new low! I post below a letter from a cam-board friend that is self explanatory.....please help.

Today I received a sad email from the kind people who run the Melios Animal Shelter in Gythio. Somebody went onto their premises twice this week and poisoned 28 of the dogs they had rescued and were caring for. As you can imagine they were devastated to see their poor dogs lying dead.

They do a valuable job, with very little money (like our local animal welfare organisation, KAWs) to help the abandoned, often badly treated animals they rescue.

They are appealing to the Mayor of Gythio to help and support them to stop such acts of cruelty to animals and to help them raise funds to carry on. They have asked as many people as possible to email the Mayor to ask him to help their cause.

It would be a big help if anyone here who is, as I was, shocked by this could write to the mayor in support of Melios Animal Shelter. His email address is:mkoliakou@1315.syzefxis.gov.gr
Your support would be very much appreciated by the Melios team, Vasiliki, Litsa, Jenny, Judi, Jolly, Mali, Henia and Els.
which is self explanatory in respect of 28 dogs being poisoned in a rescue kennel by intruders...Please voice your support for action
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2011, 04:54 PM
Thats disgusting! On the phone right now so am limited, but will do what I can tomoz when im on a puter.