Or Register for FREE!





Anistel






Dogsey Senior
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Connerie
Posts: 452
GirondeDeb is Male
26-09-2011, 08:07 AM   #1

Sudden limp 15 weeks after TPLO


Reply With Quote Nominate this person for a Member of The Month award

Welcome to the Dogsey Forums!
Welcome to the LARGEST DOG FORUM in the world!!*

Welcome, you are seeing this message because you are viewing our dog owners forum as a guest. You are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Dog Lovers, on the biggest and best dog forum in the world!*

Doing so will unlock lots of features enabling you to participate on the site... and will also get rid of this message box and the advert on the left.

Click here to register for FREE!

*Dogsey hosts the largest English language dog-related forum in the world! By total number of posts.

Helena54's Avatar
Dogsey Veteran
 
Dogs owned: one gsd
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: South East UK
Posts: 27,400
26-09-2011, 09:09 AM   #2

Re: Sudden limp 15 weeks after TPLO


Awwww, sympathy in bucketloads from us here, you must be worried sick that she's done herself another injury there, but hopefully, the specialist can confirm it's a sprained muscle, finger's and paws crossed for you.



Reply With Quote Nominate this person for a Member of The Month award


Dogsey Senior
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Connerie
Posts: 452
GirondeDeb is Male
26-09-2011, 09:13 AM   #3

Re: Sudden limp 15 weeks after TPLO


Quote:
Originally Posted by Helena54
Awwww, sympathy in bucketloads from us here, you must be worried sick that she's done herself another injury there, but hopefully, the specialist can confirm it's a sprained muscle, finger's and paws crossed for you.
Thanks Helena
I'm trying not to be a drama queen, but also bracing myself for her having to have another op if it is bad. I was really hoping that she'd be getting the all-clear tomorrow, but the Furry Princess was never going to make things so simple!



Reply With Quote Nominate this person for a Member of The Month award


Almost a Veteran
 
Dogs owned: Puggle( Rescued) & Yorkie
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Stalybridge, Cheshire
Posts: 1,160
26-09-2011, 09:20 AM   #4

Re: Sudden limp 15 weeks after TPLO


Really hope this is nothing too serious after going through so much already.

Fingers crossed, with paws and tails and winging healing vibes your way.

xx



Reply With Quote Nominate this person for a Member of The Month award


Dogsey Senior
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Connerie
Posts: 452
GirondeDeb is Male
26-09-2011, 09:59 AM   #5

Re: Sudden limp 15 weeks after TPLO


Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb/Pugglepup
Really hope this is nothing too serious after going through so much already.

Fingers crossed, with paws and tails and winging healing vibes your way.

xx
Thanks Deb xx



Reply With Quote Nominate this person for a Member of The Month award


Malka's Avatar
News Team
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 17,264
26-09-2011, 10:08 AM   #6

Re: Sudden limp 15 weeks after TPLO


Everything crossed here and healing {{{vibes}}} being sent.xx



Reply With Quote Nominate this person for a Member of The Month award


Dogsey Senior
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Connerie
Posts: 452
GirondeDeb is Male
26-09-2011, 10:44 AM   #7

Re: Sudden limp 15 weeks after TPLO


Quote:
Originally Posted by Malka
Everything crossed here and healing {{{vibes}}} being sent.xx
Thank you...Saba is basking in those vibes! In fact, she's just rolled over to show you her belly, which is a sign of great affection!



Reply With Quote Nominate this person for a Member of The Month award


Bitkin's Avatar
Dogsey Veteran
 
Dogs owned: jack russell
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Herefordshire, UK
Posts: 9,666
26-09-2011, 07:03 PM   #8

Re: Sudden limp 15 weeks after TPLO


I remember the worry and traumas of post cruciate ligament surgery well, and I offer you all the sympathy you could possibly want and some cuddles for yourself and Saba as well.

It may not be as bad as you think, so fingers crossed here. I know that when dear departed Bitz did too much after the initial three months or so was up, she too ended up on three legs which gave me more than a few grey hairs, but in fact on investigation by the vet there was no real damage done.

My vet has in fact had the same op himself after a rugby injury or something, so he knows exactly what the dogs are feeling.........he said that he continued to have soreness for some considerable time.



Reply With Quote Nominate this person for a Member of The Month award


Dogsey Senior
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Connerie
Posts: 452
GirondeDeb is Male
27-09-2011, 07:25 AM   #9

Re: Sudden limp 15 weeks after TPLO


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitkin
I remember the worry and traumas of post cruciate ligament surgery well, and I offer you all the sympathy you could possibly want and some cuddles for yourself and Saba as well.

It may not be as bad as you think, so fingers crossed here. I know that when dear departed Bitz did too much after the initial three months or so was up, she too ended up on three legs which gave me more than a few grey hairs, but in fact on investigation by the vet there was no real damage done.

My vet has in fact had the same op himself after a rugby injury or something, so he knows exactly what the dogs are feeling.........he said that he continued to have soreness for some considerable time.
Thank you for the sympathy, empathy and reassurance. She was using the leg (but still limping) yesterday, so I'm a bit more hopeful. I'll know for sure at midday when we are at the vet...keep those fingers crossed!



Reply With Quote Nominate this person for a Member of The Month award


Malka's Avatar
News Team
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 17,264
27-09-2011, 07:37 AM   #10

Re: Sudden limp 15 weeks after TPLO







Reply With Quote Nominate this person for a Member of The Month award

Reply

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Doggy Limp Fifilefemme Dog Health 4 25-09-2011 10:05 PM
On/Off Limp IsoChick Dog Health 6 04-06-2009 09:28 AM
limp Jenny234 Dog Health 10 08-08-2005 08:11 PM
staffie has a limp fosters Dog Health 18 03-04-2005 12:52 AM
Limp SkunkWorks Dog Health 11 17-02-2005 04:42 PM




Copyright ©2004-2014, Dogsey.com