Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-08-2011, 07:34 AM

Seasonal Illness - Dogs poisoned in Clumber/Sherwood/Sandringham/Lincs. Areas

I don't want to cause alarm, but I would like to make everyone aware of a mysery illness in Clumber/Sherwood/Sandringham/Lincs. aeas which is causing dogs to become very sick and some have died. From the news it appears to be a seasonal problem and is some sort of naturally occurring poisoning, although it is not known what it actually is. It is not someone deliberately laying poison and is thought to be connected to the weather conditions. Blue green algae and/or some sort of fungus spores have been thought to be connected with the problem.

There was an outbreak of the same thing last year and dog owners are being told to be careful. Affected dogs will beome ill quite quickly with vomitting and diarrhoea and can die.

I was made aware of this by my neighbour this morning whose collie pup has been quite ill over the last few days. My pup Bonnie has been affected by something similar, but she appears to have got away quite lightly - and her problem might not have been connected.

Please Google "dogs poisoned in Clumber park" for more information.

I know Plantman "Barry" lives in Sherwood area - perhaps he knows something about this problem.