Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2005, 01:08 PM

Jeanette, how is Luna doing??

Hey!...

I know you don't wanna tempt fate by speaking to soon but I couldn't help wondering, how is Luna doing on the new food??...Has her tummy settled down now, does she like the new food??

Just thought I would ask while you are online

Hope she is doing great
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2005, 01:23 PM
Hiya Mys

Thanks for asking...

Well we had a bit of a setback yesterday, but it was my fault.. I'm certain of that.

Thursday evening I gave her 1/3 kibble and 2/3 rice and fish. And she did good, no runny tummy or soft poo, infact it looked like it was getting a bit hard.

Thursday evening, I didnt have enough boiled fish, so I gave her some cod roe (suggestion from a danish lady I chat to). And she got hold of her rawhide chew Cant believe how silent they can be, when they really want to.

Friday morning everything looked good, again a bit hard perhaps, so I thought... I'll give her half and half... I did... When I came home from work.. she had a runny tummy

Friday evening I only gave her rice and fish. And already on the nightwalk (around midnight) it was better again, not thin but more mushy like...

She hasnt had breakkie today, and her poo is almost back to normal already. I think its either the cod roe or my increase of the kibble that did this...

I'm having a think of what to do... As I've now had a few suggestions. I think I'm starving her for the day and then I'll see how it looks in the morning.

If its all normal, I'll introduce fish and rice again and in a day or 2 I'll put kibble in, but will take a lot of time.. 10% every other day.... so we'll do this very slowly....

Oh and she's not dehydrating and she's still a very happy labby...

I was told cod roe would be good aswell, but I guess it isnt

So feel free to kick me, I've done so myself since yesterday...
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2005, 01:34 PM
Awww wouldn't dream of kicking you, you are trying your best

It is nice to know that she is still very happy within herself, that is obviously very important...

I know how you are feeling as I have had this with my two sometimes...Just as you think everything is ok and start to feel quite happy about their food it isn't ok again...

I was a bit naughty as remember I said I was switching them to Eagle Pack, well we didn't have enough Nutro left to do a slow switch by the time we got the new food, so I had to switch over right away I was expecting them to have really bad upset tummies...and...nothing!...I was really suprised and they were actually a bit constipated for a day that is a first!...I thought great! the next 4 or 5 days were fantastic then the day after they were a bit loose, hadn't done anything different at all, so :smt017 I didn't quite know about that!...They are ok again today

It can be a bit of a roller coaster trying to get it exactly right when they are being sensitive can't it?

Probably was the cod roe I figure, if all was going well till then....Your doing all you can though and that is to take it very slowly till her tummy finally settles down.

Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-07-2005, 01:52 PM
poor Luna

I know exactly how you feel cause Star is like that, the slightest change gives her the runs for days. Hope her tummy has settled down a bit
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2005, 02:18 PM
Thank you Mys and Caz

Yeah Mys I was considering the Eagle Pack, but its quite dificult to get my hands on, and I wouldnt be able to have a bag here before the 21. this month.. That's a bit long...

So I settled for Artemis, which does look very good aswell.

Yeah I'll take it very very very slow... I've found a place where the fish is very very cheap. About £3 for 800 grams.. I paid £2 for 250 grams up until now..

So no worries... And the rice I have aswelll..

She's doing better already Caz...
Vix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-07-2005, 03:33 PM
Good to hear things are getting better. I've been having problems again with khera. She has a sensitive tummy but has settled pretty well on burns. Occasional carrot and bit of cheese and burns treats. However i think i ruined it all by giving her raw hide sticks to keep her teeth clean. Everything went wrong. Although absolutely fine and her usual hyper self she was s*****g liquid. She had a fast and now on chicken and rice for a few days. Arghhh its so frustrating. Wishing you luck
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2005, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by Vix
Good to hear things are getting better. I've been having problems again with khera. She has a sensitive tummy but has settled pretty well on burns. Occasional carrot and bit of cheese and burns treats. However i think i ruined it all by giving her raw hide sticks to keep her teeth clean. Everything went wrong. Although absolutely fine and her usual hyper self she was s*****g liquid. She had a fast and now on chicken and rice for a few days. Arghhh its so frustrating. Wishing you luck
It's funny isn't it, I know for a fact I'm not as worried about my own sate of affairs with my diet and what is produced as a result...lol...

I think a large reason why I am so bothered with mine even when they are fit and healthy and have no real reason to be concerned is because I have to pick up after them...lol...and it is sooooo horrible!
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2005, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by Vix
Aww I'm sorry to hear about Khera

Luna normally doesnt have probs with rawhidechews, so I dont think it was that causing a problem in Luna's case, but the cod roe

Hope Khera feels better soon and good luck to you too.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by myschievous
It's funny isn't it, I know for a fact I'm not as worried about my own sate of affairs with my diet and what is produced as a result...lol...

I think a large reason why I am so bothered with mine even when they are fit and healthy and have no real reason to be concerned is because I have to pick up after them...lol...and it is sooooo horrible!
I know.. I dont really care about my own eating habits....

I also have to pick up after Luna every time, so must admit, it is much nicer, when her tummy is funtioning normally
Vix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-07-2005, 06:10 PM
I don't mind picking up at all......when i 'can' pick it up!!! hehehehe. I have been known to get a bucket of water out and clean up also. You know i can't believe how much i'v talked about poo since i got a dog.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >