Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2011, 12:58 PM

Bailey's TTouch

Well the lady's just gone after 3 hrs We did allsorts not just touching, she looked at his gait walking, trotting etc, some groundwork, body wrapping.

She's shown me some techniques for calming him with touch and she recommended that I introduce him to a soft muzzle.

She also said that I need to reduce his need for me! He is quite clingy and leans on me when we stand still, I need to keep stepping away and use the TTouch to get him to stand on his own.

There's no major stress areas although his hind quarters are quite tight.

She's recommended he sees a McTimoney Chiropractor just to check for any issues that might have occured from his bumping into things.

All in all a good day I think Bailey really enjoyed all the attention too - he was brilliant with everything I asked him to do even enjoyed the wraps and t-shirt - He's such a darling

So while he's sleeping off the good job he did I'm off to google McTimoney Chiropractors!!!
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2011, 02:18 PM
Glad you had a good session and he enjoyed it as well.

Word of warning re soft muzzle---if you are thinking of the material sort the dog can't pant in them. Very bad idea! If you have it big enough for the dog to pant it can also bite.

The ones I suggested before from Countrymun are softer than the baskerville ones and seem easier on the dog.

I would imagine he needs to get confidence from you because of his eyes. I'd probably encourage that rather then discourage because you don't want him thinking he has to cope on his own.

How has he been with the others recently.?

rune
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2011, 02:27 PM
Aw I'm glad it went well. Just to say you can use a seperate nose wrap under a Baskerville muzzle, if her intent for a soft muzzle was a calming effect.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2011, 04:30 PM
I am glad you found it useful. My dogs go to see a McTimoney practitioner every quarter to keep them in good shape, most of the time they need to tweaking, sometimes they dog.
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2011, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Glad you had a good session and he enjoyed it as well.

Word of warning re soft muzzle---if you are thinking of the material sort the dog can't pant in them. Very bad idea! If you have it big enough for the dog to pant it can also bite.

The ones I suggested before from Countrymun are softer than the baskerville ones and seem easier on the dog.

I would imagine he needs to get confidence from you because of his eyes. I'd probably encourage that rather then discourage because you don't want him thinking he has to cope on his own.

How has he been with the others recently.?

rune
I said he was a very hot dog and pants a lot, she recommended a Mikki soft muzzle? Going to google all inc the ones you recommended then take a trip to PAH for a try on I think x

She said he cold possibly be too reliant on me, although he needs to be more so than a 'normal' dog, I've just got used to it but he knocks into me as he walks that close and she thinks it'll help his confidence to have a very small gap and help his posture to stand on his own rather than leaning.

He's been Ok with the other two no problems at all. he must've just been having an off day

Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I am glad you found it useful. My dogs go to see a McTimoney practitioner every quarter to keep them in good shape, most of the time they need to tweaking, sometimes they dog.
Yeah been googling away and think I've found a place locally so will be ringing on Monday for a chat and see how I feel about them afterwards, Bailey has one ear that sit quite a lot higher on his head than the other so she thinks there may be something there. Although he hasn't done it for a while he has in the past had a couple of nasty bumbs to his head which could've knocked him out of line.