Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2011, 10:41 PM

Dog appreciation thread

What is it about your dog/s that makes them the perfect companion for YOU?

What makes your dog/s stand out from the rest & why you choose them & love them above all others

Only positives on this post please
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-05-2011, 11:51 PM
A lovely idea for a thread

Molly is perfect for me because she is daft as a brush! She's silly and she does so many weird little things that I just love to watch.
However, on top of this I had a really tough time these past few months and she has been so patient and well behaved, even when I've not been able to get out of bed and she's had to go without a walk for a couple of days or has had to make do with a little trip to the park.

She just brings light to my life, adopting her has been the best thing I've ever done and although I rushed into getting her and we've had our ups and downs, she has improved so much since I brought her home a year ago. I couldn't imagine life without her
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 06:14 AM
I appreciate all of mine for thier characters.
Although they are trained to do all the obvious things like recall, wait, close etc etc etc I would not like to change thier personalities.
I accept them as they are and for who they are.

For me what makes them stand out is all the times all 5 are out and behave they know the boundries, ignore other dogs, don't bother the public and I especially love thier pack structure with the way they stick together and thier closeness both out and in the home.

They suit my life style and fit in perfect.

I didn't chose them they came to me so they were meant to be.
All extremely special
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 06:38 AM
What a lovely thread and wonderful replies

Axel is perfect for me because he's so accepting. He's accepting of the odd day we can't get out, he's accepting of being an only dog, he's accepting of all the places we go together and is very loyal.

He's perfect for me because he is so loving, but not overly demanding of fuss, and because he's so 'special', he makes us laugh daily. I love him for how he is with children and other dogs and how he enjoys his walks and loves ambling along.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 07:10 AM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
What is it about your dog/s that makes them the perfect companion for YOU?

What makes your dog/s stand out from the rest & why you choose them & love them above all others
Because I chose them, they must be perfect!
HiHoSilver
Dogsey Senior
Male 

10-05-2011, 07:14 AM
I can't single out just one as each has carved out his or her own special niche and this would become a saga of legendary proportion so in general:

Sense of humour:some have a buffoonery that could make a corpse sit up and laugh out loud,others have a wicked prankster way to them that's funny even when they're disappearing out the door with my dinner/shoes/reading glasses.Others have a dry sense of humour that whispers "gotcha" in the glitter of an eye.Who needs tv!
There is no personal crisis that cannot be lightened by the antics of one or another of them.

Endless devotion:Unconditional.Expressed in different ways,from a quiet sigh and a lean into me in quiet moments,an eye that is always on me whether I'm moving or still,a quick dash back to check in with me on a free run to a wild exuberance on my return from the bathroom and a thumping more appropo to a prize boxing match when I wake up in the morning.I don't understand that one - they've been sleeping beside me all night - I haven't been anywhere...

Sense of achievement:In watching them grow up and become happy, nice mannered (more or less!) well adjusted, healthy, happy creatures with a joy for life I often wish I could emulate.

Aesthetic appeal:Each in his or her own way is eye candy - a miracle of creation - perfect in their imperfections.Lovely to look at,lovely to hold...even if broken they'd never be sold!

Companionship:That no human can rival.The conversation never gets contentious but it is surprisingly varied and more expressive than those who don't closely observe might expect.Their vocabulary is only limited in words - not in content.

Education:Mine not theirs.They teach me something new every single day.Fascinating.When I teach them something I learn more than they do.About them and myself.

They give me a joy that is unrivalled.Of course there are other things in life that make me happy but there's no other experience in life that gives true enjoyment as consistently or for as long as that given by my dogs.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 07:21 AM
Originally Posted by HiHoSilver View Post
I can't single out just one as each has carved out his or her own special niche and this would become a saga of legendary proportion so in general:

Sense of humour:some have a buffoonery that could make a corpse sit up and laugh out loud,others have a wicked prankster way to them that's funny even when they're disappearing out the door with my dinner/shoes/reading glasses.Others have a dry sense of humour that whispers "gotcha" in the glitter of an eye.Who needs tv!
There is no personal crisis that cannot be lightened by the antics of one or another of them.

Endless devotion:Unconditional.Expressed in different ways,from a quiet sigh and a lean into me in quiet moments,an eye that is always on me whether I'm moving or still,a quick dash back to check in with me on a free run to a wild exuberance on my return from the bathroom and a thumping more appropo to a prize boxing match when I wake up in the morning.I don't understand that one - they've been sleeping beside me all night - I haven't been anywhere...

Sense of achievement:In watching them grow up and become happy, nice mannered (more or less!) well adjusted, healthy, happy creatures with a joy for life I often wish I could emulate.

Aesthetic appeal:Each in his or her own way is eye candy - a miracle of creation - perfect in their imperfections.Lovely to look at,lovely to hold...even if broken they'd never be sold!

Companionship:That no human can rival.The conversation never gets contentious but it is surprisingly varied and more expressive than those who don't closely observe might expect.Their vocabulary is only limited in words - not in content.

Education:Mine not theirs.They teach me something new every single day.Fascinating.When I teach them something I learn more than they do.About them and myself.

They give me a joy that is unrivalled.Of course there are other things in life that make me happy but there's no other experience in life that gives true enjoyment as consistently or for as long as that given by my dogs.
That was so beautifullly written!! You've completely nailed how I feel about my dogs too!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 08:15 AM
I marvel at her beauty and grace, laugh at her wilfulness and intelligence and learn from the challenge she presents.
What`s not to love?

Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 08:24 AM
she is very pretty C and D
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 08:26 AM

enough said.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >