Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2011, 04:46 PM

Martina Cole's The Runaway

Been following this for weeks on Sky1 HD, and last Thursday was the last one, BUT, the unit had a blip and failed to record!!! Been going through the +24 thing and can't find it being shown again, anyone got any ideas on just where I might find this last episode please?

Men!!! I told him to switch the unit off when it didn't record his touring cars He's done the switching off now of course, but he's also made me mad coz it's like reading a book and not having that last chapter!!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2011, 05:33 PM
Thanks Trouble! ....... 2 hours later, she's registered...... then another two hours later she can't find the sky desktop where apparently it's in a queue for download ...... then thankfully, guilty Dave comes in to tell her he's found it at 9 o'clock on Thursday and he's pressed the "R" button!!!

Thanks, at least if it happens again, I'm registered and can catch up on here!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2011, 05:42 PM
What a relief you found it
I loved it, big Martina Cole fan & have read the book.
I've found her last few books a bit repetitive, but I've heard the latest one (The Family) is back to her old style. I usually get it for Xmas in hardback, but I hate reading hardbacks so have patiently waited for the paperback which is out on 12th May - just in time to take on holiday

It's the 2nd adaptation she's done, did you see the first? That's available on sky anytime if not. I wish she would do more!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2011, 05:46 PM
No I didn't see the first?? Do you mean the same story but a different take on it? I think she's fantastic, I can't wait for the week-end when we watch an episode of this, right up my street! I do like a good stoooooory!

I don't read though (only like to read fact not fiction), but my friend reads a lot and although she's read a lot of Martina's books she has never heard of this one, so I might well get it for her birthday, along wth the new one you mention there.

Please don't send me back there to that Sky Anytime, coz I got sooooooo lost in there!!!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2011, 05:50 PM
No it's a different one on Sky anytime, it's called "The Take"
It's just as good as The Runaway.......... loads of grit, violence, gansters & prostitutes
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2011, 05:54 PM
Lol, right up my street again then!!! When you say Sky anytime, you're talking the website again I assume, and not the "anytime" on the telly menu coz it's not on there?
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2011, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Lol, right up my street again then!!! When you say Sky anytime, you're talking the website again I assume, and not the "anytime" on the telly menu coz it's not on there?
No, I mean on the TV. Do you have sky anytime on the TV where they have loads of shows running?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2011, 06:41 PM
Yes, I checked that out first for the Runnaway, but wasn't looking for The Take, so I'll check it out. It's usually full of films on the Antime which we don't subscribe to. Thanks I'll be recording this one then if I find it on there!
beau
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-06-2011, 10:36 AM
I am also a very big Martina Cole fan, it also helps that I live in the area she writes about so I can visualise the area etc.
I loved the Runaway but I loved The Take even more, and I absolutely love Tom Hardy who played Freddie, that is him in my profile pic.