Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2011, 01:13 PM

Why don't *some* men listen to women?

Ugh - my OH is being an a*se today. This Saturday is his going away BBQ and we have 4 dogs to look after this weekend (2 lodgers) Thursday we are picking up the one of the lodgers as one is already with us, as well as my sister and her BF so we can do some last minute preparations.

I've just suggested that we should stop at our house tomorrow night taking the dogs and all our stuff then on Thursday we only need to pick up Nicole and Michael and Missy (lodger) and their stuff then we can do the shopping for food.

He doesn't want to - he reckons he can get 4 dogs and 4 humans and a boot full of stuff in a Renault scenic (the older one) with no trouble at all.

Why doesn't he listen to me?
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2011, 01:20 PM
At least you'll get to say "I told you so" when you're all uncomfortably crammed in and your sister and boyfriend are whinging about having dog paws/tongues/bums in their faces
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2011, 02:19 PM
Men are such pillocks at times. Mine is the same hon - always right.........
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2011, 02:22 PM
My mum taught me a really good trick...make a suggestion and then wait...they always disagree with you but don't worry or argue about it, it's suprising how suddenly your idea becomes their idea

You may find you do it your way after all
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2011, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
At least you'll get to say "I told you so" when you're all uncomfortably crammed in and your sister and boyfriend are whinging about having dog paws/tongues/bums in their faces
The best bit is - Missy has to go in the crate which will be in the boot because she's not a good traveller - how he expects a large dog crate, 2 mini suitcases, 3 bags of clothes, bags of food, including a sack of dog food and a TV (don't ask - he's the reason we haven't fully moved in at our house yet ) in the boot

Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Men are such pillocks at times. Mine is the same hon - always right.........
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
My mum taught me a really good trick...make a suggestion and then wait...they always disagree with you but don't worry or argue about it, it's suprising how suddenly your idea becomes their idea

You may find you do it your way after all
We're not speaking atm - I had a go at him saying he's being an idiot it was a suggestion and for him to snap at me like he did and not even consider that not only would it be easier - but safer was just pure stupidity - and he's taking Louie and I to a class tomorrow - it would be easier to get to from our house but no he's in his own little world - I'll let you know how we get on
steve78
Dogsey Senior
Male 

26-04-2011, 08:14 PM
lol this post made me laugh reason why men dont listen to women is womens views should only be heard in the kitchen lol i.e what sauce with the dinner shes cooked you!!!

runs and hides for cover now

this is a joke by the way please dont hang me
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2011, 08:21 PM
LOL Steve78 That exactly what my OH said to me this morning!
steve78
Dogsey Senior
Male 

26-04-2011, 08:28 PM
we are a collective lol
Manyana13
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-04-2011, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Because that would just be too easy!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-04-2011, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Because us men are universally achknowledged as the oracle of wisdom and we dont need to be given advice.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >