Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dieseldaft
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-04-2011, 04:23 PM

Fish4dogs salmon oil

Hi guys

Have been hearing lots of good things about fish4dogs salmon oil that can be added to dry food etc. Lots of people have commented that it really helped their dogs coat etc.

Does anyone here use it?

Also sorry to ask a stupid question but wil salmon oil be very high in fat/ calories? it's just that I like to keep Diesel as trim as possible and definitely wouldn't want him to gain any weight!!

Am really just looking to spice up his plain kibble a bit andhe LOVES any kind of fish lol! Would probably use it 2-3 times a week. Do I think that would be ok? If it helps he's a 2 year old collie cross, 22kg and quite energetic.
Thankyou
peedie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-04-2011, 08:15 PM
I have used it, it's great. I put it on my dogs food every day, roughly 2tsp each. Didn't make any difference to their weight at all
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2011, 08:44 PM
One of mine has it every day on his kibble. Seems to do his coat good.

rune
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2011, 09:36 PM
Does it help with moulting at all?
Shila is driving me crazy with her moulting at the min and would love anything that would help x
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2011, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by Jem View Post
Shila is driving me crazy with her moulting at the min and would love anything that would help x
Bathing her will help loosen the hairs and remove the ones that are loose, use nice oatmeal based shampoo which is kind and gentle
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2011, 09:44 PM
Ooh thanks for that, normally its a run of the mill moult but this time its just falling out in mahussive clumps and has been for the past 2 weeks

Will buy some 2morrow x
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2011, 10:22 PM
Ooh thanks for that, normally its a run of the mill moult but this time its just falling out in mahussive clumps and has been for the past 2 weeks

Will buy some 2morrow x
how old is she? sounds like she is having a 'sibe blow' (weve had a hard winter)i sympathise 2 of mine have taken 2 months!! now they are neekid!!
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-04-2011, 07:03 AM
Poppy has F4D salmon oil on her dinner every day, just a teaspoon. It's made a huge difference to her coat, she so soft and silky (as she should be), also I've noticed she doesn't scratch as much.

Don't know about the fat/calorie content - sorry.

Poppy is moulting at the moment, getting rid of winter coat ready for the summer.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2011, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
how old is she? sounds like she is having a 'sibe blow' (weve had a hard winter)i sympathise 2 of mine have taken 2 months!! now they are neekid!!
Our two are shedding as well - white hairs get everywhere! I'll have to bath them too

How many have you Tupac?
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2011, 08:38 AM
I'm pretty sure it helped my two when they had it daily. Now I feed them fresh fish and Fish4Dogs mousse, they haven't been having it every day, but I think I'll start giving it more frequently as Kiki's getting very tufty.
Washing does help loosen the fur - I had to bathe Kiki as she rolled in fox poo the other day and it did loosen a bunch of fur. Daily brushing too - even if it's just for 5 minutes, and a session every so often with the Furminator.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >