Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SibeLuver03
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-08-2004, 05:10 PM

What small talents do your dogs have?

I don't mean tricks or anything, but talents that show how intelligent your dogs are! Here is an example:

In my living room, we have a window that is close to the floor, so the Huskies are able to look outside. Kieron is the one who looks outside the most. During the night, I always pull the shades down, having open windows during the night gives me the creeps. I couldn't stand the thought of someone being able to look inside at night, so I pull the shades down to fix that problem.

Most mornings, I remember to pull the shades back up so that Kieron and Houdini can look outside. But sometimes I forget to pull it up. When this happens, Kieron usually gives me a dirty look when she figures out that she can't look outside. If I still don't do anything about the shade blocking her view, she takes it into her own paws.

She uses her paw to pull down a few of the shade things, just like a person would do when they look outside. Then she sticks her nose in the opening she made, works her head into it, and lets go with her paw. She then happily sits with her head stuck in the shades, watching the world go by. I don't know how, but somehow she manages to pull her head out of the shades without ripping the whole thing off the top of the window.

It is very silly when Kieron does this and sees something outside. She wags her tail slowly, a low rumble coming from her throat. Its a funny sight, seeing a "headless" dog by the window. I'm sure its also a funny sight from the outside, looking at the window. All the person would see would be a dog head with no body!

So what kind of small talents do your dogs have? Remember, I'm not talking about tricks that have been taught. Just simple, intelligent things like Kieron's small talent.

-Tara
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2004, 06:10 PM
Luna has no small talents, but just had to say, wow that must be so funny to see
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2004, 10:54 PM
hmmm... i dont know if this is a talent... but on a hot day, i spray indie down with the hose outside, which she finds great fun. I also chase her round the garden with it, and she runs round like a looney. I then leave it onthe floor for her to bark around with. She has now figured out how to pick it up with her teeth and she gets me wet

maybe she is getting her own back.

oh, and shes fascinated with the video player and tries to push the videos in with her nose

Oh, and this isnt a talent.. but i thought id tell ya cos i thought it was hilarious...
I bought indie a paddling pool, for like £3.00. Anyway, she loved playiong in it outside. The next day, she decided that her water bowl was a paddling pool too and started digging in it with her feet and running round it getting herself soaked... she got the floor completelt wet and eventually tipped the bowl upside down i have a very funny photo, but its on a disposable camera. doh
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2004, 05:15 AM
Cool talent Sibeluver

Jenny, my dog picks the hose up too

Savannah boogie boards

Tigger smiles on command

Tigger also likes to chase the laser level. He can get it down from a surface, turn it on with his paws, then hit it so that it shoots the ray for him to chase. When it stops he hits it again with his paw and chases some more.
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2004, 09:12 AM
how did u manage to get ur dog to smile on command?

ur doggy is clever
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2004, 09:16 AM
awwww barbara love them pics of your dogs,like the boogie board one lol

they are lovely clever dogs
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2004, 09:25 AM
Sibe, imagine what it looks like from the outside, ur dog's head all on it's own

Mine aren't very clever either. No talents there I'm afraid
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2004, 09:52 AM
as said in another post Pippa my tri Cavalier can clean ears better than any cotton bud !!!! she see's that as a great talent ....
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-08-2004, 11:56 PM
Lol at your dogs Barbara.they are so funny

Amy has a dog door and her water bowl is nearby, if the water bowl is empty she will bang on the dog door with her paw so that it makes a noise and someone will come to fill the bowl
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2004, 03:28 AM
Thanks Jackie

Jenny, when Tigger doesn't like the smell of something; cleaning products, cigarette smoke, food he doesn't like, he would smile at it. I just attached the smile command to it, so no talent really on my part It started by me pointing at him and laughing, so he would smile when I did that, and I realized I could call it something

Minihaha, they are hysterical. Too bad I couldn't get the really funny stuff on film Savannah is just as funny as Tigger. I was surprised I would get lucky with 2 hysterical dogs. I don't remember any other dogs I've ever owned being really funny. I like your dogs water bowl trick. That's smart She knows how to get what she wants,lol