Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
black666
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-03-2011, 09:09 PM

Rash!

Hi guys, Ziva has just been for a walk and has come back with a few small slug like things attached to her, i took them off and have washed her all over to remove sluge stuff. When i was drying her i checked her over and have found that she has a blotchy rash thing going on under her arms, inner thighs and on her elbows. It doesn't look like flea bites to me but am no expert as none of my dogs have ever had fleas, although i have seen a dog and cat with them.

Are slugs toxic at all ( don't even know if they were slugs)? Would they cause an allergic reaction at all as she never had this rash/blotchy thing earlier when i was cuddling her, or could it be from the bushes and grasses etc?

Any ideas and suggestions would be much appreciated.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 09:52 PM
Oh yeuch.....I am not keen on slug like things in any shape or form! Your dog doesn't go swimming in ponds or streams by any chance? I am just wondering if the slugs were actually leeches? Mind you, they would not have been very easy to remove so if you were able to pick them off them slugs it is it seems. At this time of year the first damp weather brings out all those horrible little black or white baby slugs and very often a dog will pick them up as they brush through the grass.

I don't know about the rash, and hopefully someone will come along soon with some advice and/or experience of this.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 09:57 PM
Were you walking in farmers fields? Spraying is going on now and your dog my have a reaction to the fertiliser.
black666
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-03-2011, 08:42 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Were you walking in farmers fields? Spraying is going on now and your dog my have a reaction to the fertiliser.

No i wasnt actually in a feild but we do live close to some feilds, and the farmers has just ploughed it monday past. We were walking in a small park type area which has a woody corner that she went in to, which is where i think she got the slugs. As for the rash is its really blotchy today so am goin to take her in past the vets for a check up.