Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
merryvale
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-03-2011, 09:55 PM

Rug Doctor

I've just had 2 weeks off work to get some long overdue decorating done,2 bedrooms and my lounge plus laid a new carpet in the spare bedroom that I've turned into an office and I,ve hired a rug doctor to clean the stair carpet and my bedroom carpet. Well I have cleaned my car as well and I am very impressed with the results. The car was filthy but it's come up spotless as has the carpets in the house. I have a vax but this rug doctor machine really is the business. It's heavy but it does a very good job. I'll be glad to go back to work on Monday for a rest lol
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-03-2011, 10:01 PM
I think I'm gonna have to get an appointment with the Rug Doctor. You are making me think I should get Spring cleaning. Our house is a tip at the moment.
merryvale
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-03-2011, 10:15 PM
It's taken me 2 weeks working nonstop and I'm absolutley shattered but it's been worth it. Took 2 trips to the tip to get rid of the rubbish and the old carpet. It was def a job well done though. I can reccomend Super Fresco wallpaper as well,it was a breeze to hang,really good quality paper and the seams butt together so well you cant see them.
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-03-2011, 10:23 PM
I would think the hard work well worth it Merrivale, but I don't think I can bring myself to start doing papering, altough the walls could do with it. Tip or charity shop with junk and the carpets cleaned will have to do this time round.
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-03-2011, 10:47 PM
I hired a rug doctor a few weeks ago from morrisons and was very impressed. It was shamefull to see how dirty the water was but at least the carpets are now clean. For £35 to hire it for 48 hours , it was a bargain.
merryvale
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-03-2011, 07:43 AM
Originally Posted by kazer View Post
I hired a rug doctor a few weeks ago from morrisons and was very impressed. It was shamefull to see how dirty the water was but at least the carpets are now clean. For £35 to hire it for 48 hours , it was a bargain.
I hired mine from Tesco,hire charge was £24.99 for 48 hrs plus all the cleaning stuff. Well worth the cost though. I knew the stair carpet was a bit grubby as it's been down about 8yrs but as I dont allow shoes upstairs I didn't think it was too bad...well the colour of the water soon told me otherwise! Mind you I have muscles aching this morning that I didn't know I had!!