View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 03:26 PM

Is Savlon (or similar) safe to use on a dog, behind his ear...?

Dex is already having two lots of ear drops each day, and we are going back to the vet next week.

But just now I noticed that just behind is ear is sore also - the vet is shut so I can't ask them. Does anything know if it would be safe to dab on a little Savlon or something similar, just to soothe the soreness...?

Many thanks for any responses
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 03:39 PM
I use Savlon cream on Teagan - my vet told me to!
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
I use Savlon cream on Teagan - my vet told me to!

Thank you so much - that's really helpful

Sounds like you have a good vet
Kilos'-'Serenity
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-03-2011, 03:49 PM
I use Savlon antiseptic wound wash spray on my two if they get a wound/sore anywhere. Not had any problems and they don't like the taste so will leave the sore alone, which as Kilo tends to turn into a lickalot with a wound never letting it dry and scab over, it works a treat.

They try to hide if they see me coming with the bottle in my hand though.
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 03:55 PM
Originally Posted by Kilos'-'Serenity View Post
I use Savlon antiseptic wound wash spray on my two if they get a wound/sore anywhere. Not had any problems and they don't like the taste so will leave the sore alone, which as Kilo tends to turn into a lickalot with a wound never letting it dry and scab over, it works a treat.

They try to hide if they see me coming with the bottle in my hand though.

Many thanks indeed
wendyg1975
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-03-2011, 03:58 PM
Exactly the same here too!!

I use savlon on archie for his belly rash he gets and sometimes if he has a patch of dry skin etc .....

it works wonders on his rash that he gets works quick.... most dogs wouldnt like the taste im sure.... but not archie lol the smell makes him nuts for some reason lol and then he licks when he can lol normally though the cream being thick means i get to rub it in first so he only licks the top lol

but yeah its a very good cream!! bepanthan thats used for babies is also a good one aswell as sudocrem.. they all work really well on the softer parts of our furry babies lol
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by wendyg1975 View Post
Exactly the same here too!!

I use savlon on archie for his belly rash he gets and sometimes if he has a patch of dry skin etc .....

it works wonders on his rash that he gets works quick.... most dogs wouldnt like the taste im sure.... but not archie lol the smell makes him nuts for some reason lol and then he licks when he can lol normally though the cream being thick means i get to rub it in first so he only licks the top lol

but yeah its a very good cream!! bepanthan thats used for babies is also a good one aswell as sudocrem.. they all work really well on the softer parts of our furry babies lol

Ah, Sudocream, yes that's the other one I was wondering about, many thanks for that
wendyg1975
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-03-2011, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by TabithaJ View Post
Ah, Sudocream, yes that's the other one I was wondering about, many thanks for that

Sudocrem and any aqueous creams are brilliant for us and skin probs in dogs too and works wonders )
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 04:39 PM
I always use Sudocrem as well - brilliant stuff as long as they don't lick it off
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by wendyg1975 View Post

Sudocrem and any aqueous creams are brilliant for us and skin probs in dogs too and works wonders )
Yep I use them on my dogs as well as savlon