Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lolly2012
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-03-2011, 05:23 PM

Two New Members Of the Family.

Hello all I have not one but Two new members of the family to announce They came as a pair and they are i feel so sad for the previous owners they had to give them up due to a divorce.

George Is a lovely 6 year old cocker and Millie (Mildred) is a Basset Hound x cocker but she is all basset believe me down to the last toe nail and even the attitude.

Here are a few pics

These are all old photos of them I will take some myself soon as I have some decent battery's for the camera.

Lets just say I am very very happy xx
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2011, 05:27 PM
Oh well good luck they are super adorable. I bet you'll be getting a lot of "Ooh a black basset - they must be rare!"
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2011, 07:11 PM
Oh, they are both gorgeous!
lolly2012
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-03-2011, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Oh well good luck they are super adorable. I bet you'll be getting a lot of "Ooh a black basset - they must be rare!"
LOL its the first thing I said myself wow a black basset I have never seen one before, she has only taken on her dads colour he was a black cocker spaniel and her mom was a tri basset, she is pretty unique I feel like the luckiest person in the world right now. First night was sleepless but now things have settled down its great.
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-03-2011, 08:47 PM
There is a black cocker x basset on many tears (reserved) at the moment too. i thought it must be the same one at first
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2011, 09:04 PM
Wow what a handsome pair, I love the cocker!
lolly2012
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-03-2011, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by wallaroo View Post
There is a black cocker x basset on many tears (reserved) at the moment too. i thought it must be the same one at first
I would never have thought of crossing a basset and a cocker but must admit I am delighted with the result

And George the little cocker You couldnt meet a funnier more pleasant little chap he is a stunner. I now know I love cockers too!
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2011, 10:43 PM
Oh how lovely that they have stayed together. Well done you for taking them on. I'm sure you will all have a lovely lovely life together. The black bassett is truly gorgeous and the cocker is a real cutie, was he wearing dungarees???
so sad they felt neither could keep them though. Still, your gain........x
lolly2012
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-03-2011, 10:53 PM
Originally Posted by Northernsoulgirl View Post
Oh how lovely that they have stayed together. Well done you for taking them on. I'm sure you will all have a lovely lovely life together. The black bassett is truly gorgeous and the cocker is a real cutie, was he wearing dungarees???
so sad they felt neither could keep them though. Still, your gain........x

Yes He was wearing dungarees lol that was his previous home Its sad that they had to let them go they both were having to go into private housing and couldn't find landlords that would allow the dogs for either of them sadly I feel deeply for them having to give them up but at least they know that they have stayed together and we will love them sooooo much and really appreciate what we have

I cant wait for the kids to meet them they are used to children as the couple had a young lad its like a dream come true they get on with other dogs love kids and we love them perfect!

I cant stop grinning lol x
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2011, 11:02 PM
They're lovely! I actually saw a bassett/cocker x at westonbirt a couple of weeks ago, a little boy called George, he was gorgeous, bassett shaped but with that soppy spaniel face, lush!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >