Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 01:41 PM

Husky welfare

SHCGB welfare is shut til further notice due to so many dogs and im sure shwa are at bursting points along with HIN...so so sad and yet more irrisponsible breeding carries on.

If anyone can help with fostering im sure these welfare agencies would really appreciate it. Even if you only ever foster once, that helps one dog. Its hard work but they soon settle in.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by rosegallagher View Post
SHCGB welfare is shut til further notice due to so many dogs and im sure shwa are at bursting points along with HIN...so so sad and yet more irrisponsible breeding carries on.

If anyone can help with fostering im sure these welfare agencies would really appreciate it. Even if you only ever foster once, that helps one dog. Its hard work but they soon settle in.
its been heading this way for a while ...so sad our breed is going this way Rose... u may of seen pics but i have a wee foster guy at the mo... altho its tempting he may stay
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 01:50 PM
This is so sad
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 01:53 PM
Its all the irresponsible folk breeding this breed to make cash from a litter & folk just going out & buying them because they look cute or a cool looking dog then cannot cope with them & hand them in to welfares.
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 02:12 PM
if I didnt have three dogs and a baby I would offer my help,

so sad, and all because they want a wolf!
SibeVibe
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 02:12 PM
SSHC welfare is heading the same way Too many dogs coming in and not enough foster homes.

Our breed is in crisis It's heartbreaking.

I live in a small village. I've met three new sibes since Christmas. One wearing a prong collar (not now though ), one now being sold for £500 because the owner can't cope but was disgusted when she was told welfare won't give her money for the lad and one who's owners just can't understand why their sibe wants to chase sheep all the time

My tact and diplomacy skills are wearing thin these days.

Take care.

Seoniad.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 02:33 PM
I am so saddened by this thread

Greedy, greedy, greedy backstreet breeders, and stupid, stupid, stupid people.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 02:39 PM
What a nightmare, poor dogs!

I must admit, over the last few years the amount of Sibes I've seen out and about has grown massively! Living in an area that tends to go for gundogs it can't be a good thing.
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 11:08 PM
I have today been asked to help a person my friend knows who wants to rehome their 2 yr husky, will try to help if shes having issues with him but want to try to help her to keep him if i can but dont know the circumstances until tomorrow as to why shes rehoming him.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 11:15 PM
Very sad. As you know I know of two youngsters looking for a new home too. The fact that the rescues are so full makes it even more heartbreaking.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >