Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2011, 10:02 AM

Truth behind the scenes of Dog Whisperer

I came across this the other day, and although I did toy with putting it into the other recent thread about CM programmes, I didn't want it to get lost, as I think it's quite important for everyone to see.

"This is a scene from the 100th episode special of the Dog Whisperer. This is Todd Henderson, a crew member explaining how he 'sets the dog off', so they can get the bad behaviour on film"

"In this clip, they take a known aggressive dog and deliberately provoke an attack. Cesar just laughs about it, completely unaware the he has just reinforced the behaviour he is supposed to be eliminating"

This is so bad. So very bad. For a number of reasons.

It does confirm that the programme is entertainment, not about helping dogs or owners (as we already know, right?) and also that dogs are "wound up" beforehand so as to give the most exciting TV ... YUK YUK YUK ....

Disgusting.

Wys
x
promarc
Dogsey Senior
Male 

02-02-2011, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
I came across this the other day, and although I did toy with putting it into the other recent thread about CM programmes, I didn't want it to get lost, as I think it's quite important for everyone to see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPRAQXOAMz0

"This is a scene from the 100th episode special of the Dog Whisperer. This is Todd Henderson, a crew member explaining how he 'sets the dog off', so they can get the bad behaviour on film"

"In this clip, they take a known aggressive dog and deliberately provoke an attack. Cesar just laughs about it, completely unaware the he has just reinforced the behaviour he is supposed to be eliminating"

This is so bad. So very bad. For a number of reasons.

It does confirm that the programme is entertainment, not about helping dogs or owners (as we already know, right?) and also that dogs are "wound up" beforehand so as to give the most exciting TV ... YUK YUK YUK ....

Disgusting.

Wys
x
he needs banning thats sick and to laugh as well is even more sick. but the sicker part is i was in bed last night and he's coming to the uk in a brand new show, god help us send him back and bann him from the country
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2011, 10:29 AM
It just gets worse

....and they find it funny

Words fail me.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2011, 10:30 AM
I understand there is also evidence for him conditioning the dogs beforehand?

President of the Animal Protection Services for the Society, Bill Torgerson, DVM, MBA noted that the safety of a woman with a GSD was jeopardised in one episode by the use of an [mod edit/see below]. The tormented dog redirected its aggression to its owner biting her arm. Television audiences never saw Millan attempt to modify the dog's behaviour by causing pain.

http://vetmedicine.about.com/b/2009/...sar-millan.htm

Again, it is important to understand that we are seeing a work of fiction in these programmes, not what actually happened.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2011, 10:57 AM
It is a shame he comes across as so charming and helpful and charismatic. Fools people.
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2011, 11:03 AM
That is so disgusting & irresponsible, let alone cruel & uncaring ~ but thank Wys & Claire for your posts. The more the truth behind CM comes to light, the better.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-02-2011, 11:20 AM
[QUOTE=wilbar;2165122]That is so disgusting & irresponsible, let alone cruel & uncaring ~ but thank Wys & Claire for your posts. The more the truth behind CM comes to light, the better.[/QUOTE]

But sadly you will still get those that will still see him as Gods gift, alll pearly whites and charm, no matter how much evidence is give to say otherwise
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2011, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
It is a shame he comes across as so charming and helpful and charismatic. Fools people.
Yes absolutely. He has great people skills which is a shame as people can get taken in so easily by them.

Another awful video I saw was him blaming an owner (nicely and logically of course ) when she was hesitant about letting her little pit bull bitch mingle with some others.

I am not sure whether the others were his dogs, I guess not, I think there had been skirmishes before.

Anyway, the owner was worried about her dog being put amongst these. She was reading her dog aright - her little bitch was jumping up at her in a worried, "please don't do this, pick me up mum, I am scared" way.

Dog people will know what I mean - you can tell

CM insisted, and said that the only problem would be if she showed anxiety as it would affect the dogs. Lo and behold, her little bitch was attacked quite badly by at least one other pit, (I think it was more but can't remember) and they had to use several people to sort it all out.

So he succeeded in scaring her dog, and her, and so on but what was so bad was that HE BLAMED THE OWNER

Great tactics if you don't know much about dogs, and don't want to appear a bit of an idiot. Just blame the owner

He makes me mad. Has anyone guessed?

Wys
x
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2011, 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I understand there is also evidence for him conditioning the dogs beforehand?

President of the Animal Protection Services for the Society, Bill Torgerson, DVM, MBA noted that the safety of a woman with a GSD was jeopardised in one episode by the use of an [mod edit/please see below] The tormented dog redirected its aggression to its owner biting her arm. Television audiences never saw Millan attempt to modify the dog's behaviour by causing pain.

http://vetmedicine.about.com/b/2009/...sar-millan.htm

Again, it is important to understand that we are seeing a work of fiction in these programmes, not what actually happened.
I remember that Claire

Wys
x
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2011, 11:44 AM
[QUOTE=Jackbox;2165146]
Originally Posted by wilbar View Post
That is so disgusting & irresponsible, let alone cruel & uncaring ~ but thank Wys & Claire for your posts. The more the truth behind CM comes to light, the better.[/QUOTE]

But sadly you will still get those that will still see him as Gods gift, alll pearly whites and charm, no matter how much evidence is give to say otherwise
Sadly yes ~ but the drip, drip effect has been known to work , & it would be worse if we all just said "nothing we do or say will make any difference so there's no point in doing anything". We all refute everything AP says in the knowledge that he won't change his mind, but in the hope that our posts may stop others using his methods!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »