Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 09:57 AM

Sky How good is their broadband etc

I am spending a fortune at the moment paying Sky for my TV, BT for my phone and calling plan and Orange for my broadband.
I love Orange and have been with them completely trouble free since they were freeserve, Wannado etc, but I have to be realistic financially and having one provider for everything looks like it will save me a lot.
As I have sky TV and want to keep it, I thought about getting my phone and broadband put with them too. With Charlys laptop we also need to have wireless acess to broadband too.
Does anyone have a complete Sky package if so what do you think of it and if you don't mind saying what do you pay for it and what do you have?
I don't have movies or sport channels and don't want them either.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-01-2011, 10:11 AM
It's brilliant, I've had it for over a year now and I too was previously with Orange, Wanadoo and Freeserve. I did have problems with Orange with speed and not being able to access the net too often and Sky has been faster and completely problem free.
I have the complete package including sports and movies and several multi rooms and HD, I even swapped my line rental to them as well.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 10:17 AM
Thankyou, so has it worked out much cheaper for you?
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 10:33 AM
I have Sky BB , it is £5 a month if you have the Sky TV package, I have had it a while now and never had any probs , speed good , never unavailable and when the router failed a new straight away in the post.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-01-2011, 10:33 AM
I'd say yes because I got free broadband for 6 months and after that at full price it's still cheaper than Orange and for me more reliable.
My entire bill is about £100 a month including calls which are pretty minimal to be honest, line rental, broadband and the full movies and sports but that also includes all the multi rooms and 2 HD's etc which hike the price. The wireless connection also seems a whole lot more reliable too.
I've got the unlimited broadband not the basic one.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 12:24 PM
I'm considering this too, but am reluctant to change my email address.

I currently pay SKY £73 a month just for the TV (inc, SKY+HD) and another £25 per month to Virgin for phone/broadband.

I might give them a ring and ask.........
HollyG1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-01-2011, 12:33 PM
I haven't had anything to do with sky, but you need to check the service in your area as the sky in my area is around 2gb which is rubbish but virgin media is between 10-20gb.
The only way to find the best is to find out about your area.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 11:03 PM
i am thinking of leaving sky but not because i dont like it but thnk I am paying too much.

I currently pay £63 per month, basic tv package, line rental, broadband and calls. but I need that to come down.... in perspective I see its probably not that much, but it is to me,,. I will probably call sky get put to retentions and push for some free stuff !!!

i have never had a problem with the broadband its very good
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 11:23 PM
I've got See, Speak, Surf with Sky so basically the whole package. The broadband is great, very fast and I've had no problems for the 18 months I've been with them. I think I pay about £40 a month for all three which isn't too bad.
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 07:36 AM
Just switched from Virgin to Sky when we moved. Virgin's broadband seems slightly better in my mind, Sky's telly is streets ahead. Having said that ours runs at around 11meg most days, just Sky insist you use their own routers which is a pain since our old one was much better and it means my husband's PC has intermittent net connection problems a LOT. There are ways to piggyback your own router on to boost the signal which I think we're going to have to look at since we're on router number 2 now with no visible signs of improvement.

If you have to ring up either company - Virgin answer the phone faster but if you get the offshore call centre make no sense or use, Sky take ages to answer the phone.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >