Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2011, 11:09 AM

Eastenders

Have they overstepped the mark this time with the story of Ronnie and kats babies.?
With all the story lines over the years I have never felt uncomfortable as I think they did serve to help people understand different real life problems and dilemmas.
But Ronnie swapping her dead baby for kats alive one I just find rather uncomfortable all round.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2011, 11:37 AM
This is very much like the Emmerdale swopped at birth story with the Vicar & his wife.

No doubt that the baby will get back to his correct parents after the autopsy & blood tests. The storyline presumably is to show the affects of grief & post partum mental upset.

Not as believable as the Emmerdale story-I'm sure that Grand-dad would not have "forgotten" his newly born G son for a pint of beer.

BTW it is only a soap opera
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2011, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
This is very much like the Emmerdale swopped at birth story with the Vicar & his wife.

No doubt that the baby will get back to his correct parents after the autopsy & blood tests. The storyline presumably is to show the affects of grief & post partum mental upset.

Not as believable as the Emmerdale story-I'm sure that Grand-dad would not have "forgotten" his newly born G son for a pint of beer.

BTW it is only a soap opera
i agree..

i didnt feel uncomfortable...was rolling my eyes lol..... mind u poor ronnie ...2 dead children
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-01-2011, 11:50 AM
No it didn't make me feel uncomfortable, poor Ronnie to lose a baby so soon after giving birth would temporarily unhinge anyone.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2011, 12:44 PM
Tell me - does anyone in this soap ever go to a parent-teacher evening? Or the Sales? Or learn anything? Or do any of the million ordinary things real people do?
I grew up in the East End and I don`t remember it being like this.
Cachapman710
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-01-2011, 02:10 PM
I just think the whole story line is ridiculous!
Kat in hospital without her newborn baby? Alfie sorting out the CD player, (where the hell is his iPod?) , and leaves his new born son for hours and hours?
I know it's only a soap but this has to be one of the worst story lines ever!
Well except the re-incarnation of Dirty Den!
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2011, 03:42 PM
I tend to pick out the story lines I want to watch especially if I know they're coming and thanks to the good old DM they always have a spoiler alert. I haven't watched it so far due to bad weather and no tv but don't think I want to be bothered with it. Bad luck with children is one thing but poor old Ronnie seems to have cornered the market and is destined to NEVER have a child of her own. I know it's not real but would like to have a believeable plot now and then.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2011, 04:36 PM
must admit the death of ronnies baby was wrong. it would be nice for her to have a bit of happiness in her life. i lived in the east end im so sure it wasnt that bad with all the doom n gloom.
and didnt they do a cot death in the past??
i know its only a soap, but it must hurt some ppl. 1 cyber friend of mine likes the program. but having lost a baby she feels she cant watch it.
and i know shes only acting. but goodness me i cant stand janine !!!!
Tinglesnark
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-01-2011, 04:52 PM
ah i cant watch it, my close friend lost her new baby due to an undiagnosed heart defect a few days before christmas 5 years ago and it is still a raw wound. I don't think that these storylines help in anyway, why would anyone that has suffered the loss of a baby want to watch this storyline? how could it help at all? i haven't lost a baby (for which i am truely grateful) but as a mother i am well aware that it can happen all too easily and i do not need Eastenders to highlight this fact for me...silly programme, why couldnt they have had their babies and been happy for a short while before they came of age to sell drugs and murder their neighbours eh? Pffft to the script writers of EE - one of which i used to know....BIG FAT PFFFFFFFFFT!
Tori
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2011, 05:04 PM
How unlucky can one woman be. It did make me squirm a bit when Jack took his 'son' in his arms.

*Spoiler*

Just saw a picture on a website of Kat carrying a babies coffin.
How long is it gonna go on?
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »