View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2010, 03:09 PM

Best upright vacuum cleaner? dog hair proof.

I can't find any current threads so am starting another. We are needing a new Hoover, upright through preference and must be able to tackle dog hair as both Fudge and Buttons are long coated...Ours is pretty much dead.......

Thanks in advance.
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2010, 03:18 PM
I do like my Dyson Animal ( 3 collies, 1 pug ,1 Papillion and 3 cats 2 of which are long haired)
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2010, 03:20 PM
I have a Henry, which is excellent - and a lot cheaper than a Dyson.
honeytone
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-12-2010, 05:16 PM
I highly recommend the Dyson Animal. Expensive, but worth every penny IMO.
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2010, 05:27 PM
I have a vax pet upright vacuum and its really great imo. It comes with different attatchments and a special pet hair nozzle that sucks up all the hair in no time
KateM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-12-2010, 05:46 PM
I am having the same dilemma about which vaccum cleaner to get... i've had 3 dysons in the past 10 years... a DC01 (basic job) which made it to 5 and had to cope with vallhund hair, a DC04, which lasted 3 years coping with a mixture of vallhund and spitz fur and finally a Dyson Animal... which needed servicing ever 5 months and died shortly before I'd had it two years... It couldn't cope with the spitz coat at all (or my hair for that matter).

I need an upright that isn't too heavy (bad back) and am thinking of This one and not just cos it's fun colour honest!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2010, 05:48 PM
Just bought another Dyson Animal a few weeks ago (the other one was about 4 years old and very tired) and have to say, it's the best yet, they've changed the pulley out bit now to make it even easier to do the stairs! I've tried them all , they only ever lasted a year, but those Dyson's keep on going just as good as they were from new imo, and totally H-proof coz I'm a bit of a heavy handed Lil they are always getting bashed about in this house and used twice a day every day, so it's a hard life for them here.

My upstairs Dyson is old and still going strong but then there's no dog hair up there!
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-12-2010, 05:52 PM
Dyson Animal for me every time. Mine must now be about 6-7 years and nothing has ever gone wrong and it is still going strong. They are expensive and a bit heavy, but considering I could have gone through 2 or 3 cheaper ones by now I think its been well worth the money.
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2010, 06:31 PM
I had a Dyson given to me about a year ago and it was brilliant even though I didn't feel it was working at its full capacity. Now it cuts out after 10 minutes. I just couldn't afford a new one so bought a Vax (pet) and it's brilliant. It only cost me £50 on Ebay (it was brand new in its box still) so even if it only last a year or so I think it will have been a good buy. I'm hoping of course it will go on a bit longer.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2010, 08:15 PM
Which model of Dyson animal have you all got. Just searched and there are a few.....
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >