Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2010, 01:46 PM

TV programmes that are banned...

After asking about Turner and Hooch and hearing that it was Banned from Sara's house - what TV programmes/movies are banned in your house?

I'm not allowed to watch Bones or Criminal minds around my OH because he doesn't like dead bodies and the storylines in Criminal Minds.

If my Dad is in - no animal programmes - I can watch movies with them in but he hates training programmes - I'd be there all day watching animal programmes
kirstymomo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-12-2010, 01:49 PM
I am only allowed to watch documenteries if no one else wants to watch the tv!!

Understandable considering I watch all documenteries on people, animals... I think it annoys the rest of my family when I come out with random pointless facts! Haha... Oops
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2010, 04:34 PM
Well I have the tv to myself(n dog)but football is definately banned
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2010, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Well I have the tv to myself(n dog)but football is definately banned
WW2 and 80's police programmes for my OH - thank god he isnt into footie
HollyG1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-12-2010, 05:59 PM
my dad is banned from watching things like Star Trek and Extreme makeover home edition. I seem to be (generally) banned from watching CSI
And i'm not allowed to watch things like pet rescue cos my sis is stupid and can't seem to see the truth about how animals are treat
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2010, 07:08 PM
Well we have Sky in 2 rooms so if there's anyhting my OH or I don't want to watch then the other goes into the other room.
Luckily we're quite compatible and we often sit watching Animal Planet in floods of tears!!
He does like snooker and darts though but if I protest he will turn them over without complaining!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2010, 07:14 PM
Not allowed to watch anything on Animal Planet if we are eating tea as they usually show emaciated dogs and it upsets Jamie when he's eating (well it upsets him anytime but you know what I mean!).

Not allowed to watch anything scarey as I get nightmares.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2010, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by zoe1969 View Post
Well we have Sky in 2 rooms so if there's anyhting my OH or I don't want to watch then the other goes into the other room.
Luckily we're quite compatible and we often sit watching Animal Planet in floods of tears!!
He does like snooker and darts though but if I protest he will turn them over without complaining!
Can we swap OH's your's sounds lovely! At my parents we have Sky in one room and at my OH's parents they have Virgin in two rooms and freeview in one... My OH's Dad and brother have virgin in the living room, his mum has freeview in the dining room and we have virgin in "our" room - Mark (OH's younger brother) is autistic so it's pretty hard to tell him to turn things over - so it's cartoons all day - the other day it was toy story 1,2 & 3 on DVD and video - all day and every day for a week - continuously - do you know how annoying it is hearing "You've got a friend in me" over and over again

Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
Not allowed to watch anything on Animal Planet if we are eating tea as they usually show emaciated dogs and it upsets Jamie when he's eating (well it upsets him anytime but you know what I mean!).

Not allowed to watch anything scarey as I get nightmares.
Adie also hates seeing animals like that - it doesnt seem to bother me but if I saw it in real life it would, like blood on the screen I cannot handle it and talking about it, but seeing it in real life - I aint bothered (unless it's coming out my body in a needle)

Adie hates scary movies etc but not cos of anything other than he finds them boring - I however will keep him awake all night with nightmares and terrors
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2010, 07:50 PM
Nobody would dare ban me watching what I want to watch ...
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-12-2010, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Can we swap OH's your's sounds lovely! At my parents we have Sky in one room and at my OH's parents they have Virgin in two rooms and freeview in one... My OH's Dad and brother have virgin in the living room, his mum has freeview in the dining room and we have virgin in "our" room - Mark (OH's younger brother) is autistic

:
I read this at a quick glance and read that you have ''virgins'' in every room.

lol lol lol
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >